Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

I lied when i said in my very first posts on TFL that my HBD was my very first jacket, because I was embarased. I bought this LL Bean in 1990, and wore the heck out of it. Zipper finally broke so I started down the rabbit hole of real A-1s and the rest is history as in all my money is gone. LL Bean was kind enough to put in a brand ew YKK zipper for free. It was about 62 degrees F. when I went to work today and the old jacket was great. nice and light. I think there is some nice grain and patina for an old goat. Just like me.

View attachment 91643

View attachment 91644

View attachment 91645

I absolutely love this jacket!

Reactions: A-1

Thuggee

Practically Family
I lied when i said in my very first posts on TFL that my HBD was my very first jacket, because I was embarased. I bought this LL Bean in 1990, and wore the heck out of it. Zipper finally broke so I started down the rabbit hole of real A-1s and the rest is history as in all my money is gone. LL Bean was kind enough to put in a brand ew YKK zipper for free. It was about 62 degrees F. when I went to work today and the old jacket was great. nice and light. I think there is some nice grain and patina for an old goat. Just like me.

View attachment 91643

View attachment 91644

View attachment 91645

looks good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanson T3

sJQXWszh.jpg
mSQoQuph.jpg
7u0w9F5h.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Wore this Filson Mackinaw Cruiser for the first time in years.
0337bf3f9a9922325a5144892eaff352.jpg

21cd5b2126f80cf1668775277d5adfb8.jpg

The Filson and hat look great together. I was debating wearing one of my double macs today, and still may if I decide to get out on the bicycle.

Michael

Reactions: A-1

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab

The main danger in having too many leather jackets is that one is tempted to wear them all. I believe that the only way to end up with a great leather jacket...one like your old LL Bean A-2...is to buy it new and wear the heck out of it. And to properly “wear the heck” out of your jacket, you’ve got to develop a relationship with it that isn’t unlike the one you have with your wife. You’ve gotta be committed to it. Totally. Which means you can’t be sneaking around wearing the heck out of other jackets...even if they’re yours. Though the temptation might be great.

AF

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Ended the day with a brown Thedi. It's a little too trim for me, and of course again the sleeves could be longer. But it is a beautiful jacket. The leather is gorgeous. Never seen a Thedi before. It is in essentially new condition, very clean as seller described. Also, my first cafe racer. Definitely can't wear anything but a tee shirt under this baby. Maybe it will stretch a bit with wear. I don't know. Ahh but the sleeves look great until I raise my arms.

IMG_3650.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG
IMG_3601.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just came in the mail. Was waiting for me when I got off work. Think it will loosen up with wear? it sure is tight. I guess there's nothing to do about the sleeves accept quit buying jackets with short sleeves.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What’s that black Shinki flight jacket? Who made it? More pic?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Nice pics!The Shinki Civil A2 looks great!

You usually wear these CR unzipped most of the time, so it being tight when zipped up isnt too big of an issue. As for loosening up with wear, you get some once the leather softens and forms to your body better and it'll be less stingy in the armpit (I'm only guessing it is rn, but all of my tight CR styles were initially, because tight high armholes).. Sleeves are a bit on the short side but I think you can get away with it, only few outside of this forum will notice.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Yep. Its a SB Memphis which is a little trim and short for my taste, but the sleeves fit. Thank god. Feel like I am cheating on my Aero when I put on the SB. The shinki is really soft, lots of different grain in different panels. They must have used different parts of the hide. I like it pretty well. Cost me a bloody fortune to have it shipped from the other side of the world, but it got her in 4 days.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Simmons-Bi...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
The main danger in having too many leather jackets is that one is tempted to wear them all. I believe that the only way to end up with a great leather jacket...one like your old LL Bean A-2...is to buy it new and wear the heck out of it. And to properly “wear the heck” out of your jacket, you’ve got to develop a relationship with it that isn’t unlike the one you have with your wife. You’ve gotta be committed to it. Totally. Which means you can’t be sneaking around wearing the heck out of other jackets...even if they’re yours. Though the temptation might be great.

I was totally faithful to the LL Bean A-2, the old goat, for many years. Now I am going to play the field a little. But it did feel good to put it on when I got it back from LL Bean with a free brand new zipper. We were together for a long time.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Ended the day with a brown Thedi. It's a little too trim for me, and of course again the sleeves could be longer. But it is a beautiful jacket. The leather is gorgeous. Never seen a Thedi before. It is in essentially new condition, very clean as seller described. Also, my first cafe racer. Definitely can't wear anything but a tee shirt under this baby. Maybe it will stretch a bit with wear. I don't know. Ahh but the sleeves look great until I raise my arms.

View attachment 91762
View attachment 91763 View attachment 91764
I really think it looks great on you! Only you can decide on the sleeve length, but from the pictures I see, the fit is perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner