Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Nope, cold wind goes right thru. I've tried. That's why I stick to leather. Or nylon MC jackets. I know there's gear made specifically for bicycles but that stuff's all so ugly it's virtually unwearable. For me, what works on a bike, works on a bicycle.
well except for the weight and when you pedaling uphill

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Great pictures SF! Had to read twice to reassure myself the jacket is brown btw, very nice, dark color.

I'm currently feeling my taste shifting yet again. My first few jackets were all brown, then I grew fond of black, now I find myself wishing I had a very dark brown jacket such as the cowhide JL M120 I gifted to my brother whenever I see him wear it, dark brown is an incredibly versatile color, outfit-wise.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great pictures SF! Had to read twice to reassure myself the jacket is brown btw, very nice, dark color.

I'm currently feeling my taste shifting yet again. My first few jackets were all brown, then I grew fond of black, now I find myself wishing I had a very dark brown jacket such as the cowhide JL M120 I gifted to my brother whenever I see him wear it, dark brown is an incredibly versatile color, outfit-wise.

Thanks JJ. The jacket is definitely brown, but iPhone photos dull the rich color.

Unfortunately, I love brown and black leather equally, and wear both equally. Hence the reason I duplicate jackets in brown and black. My leather choice is generally dictated by the rest of my clothing. In other words, if I am wearing earth tone clothing, shoes and belt, I usually wear a brown jacket; and if I am wearing blacks or grays, I usually wear a black jacket. I can go either way with blues. Notwithstanding the foregoing, I must concede that I occasionally select my jacket first, and my jacket color dictates the color of my clothes. The later approach is arguably backwards, but sometimes I have a yearning to wear a particular jacket and everything flows from that. Some here eschew color coordination. I am not knocking the more flexible approach, but I personally do not wear a brown jacket with black clothing, nor a black jacket with brown clothing -- to my less progressive eye, it is discordant. Just my subjective opinion.

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
Speaking of hands in pockets, Aero Irvin today.
DSC_0683 (683x1024).jpg

BobJ

Practically Family
Hey Sheepdog - are those two pictures of the same jacket? If so, then it's amazing how dissimilar leather can look in different lighting - they look like two different jackets! The leather in the second one is top-notch beautiful.

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Hey Sheepdog - are those two pictures of the same jacket? If so, then it's amazing how dissimilar leather can look in different lighting - they look like two different jackets! The leather in the second one is top-notch beautiful.
Rocking a pair of dark brown Durango harness boots today:
39062eccfde43137857c039503d1185f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes sir, it's the same jacket...I used the flash on one and not the other. It's a Simmons Bilt brown vintage horsehide Road Scholar jacket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
97e44a5f10948bd7346a0b9598455204.jpg

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Today I wore my peacoat with my navy watch cap. I thought I might have overdone the nautical theme a bit, but my wife thought I looked like a burglar. Go figure.

I'm still having trouble reconciling Superfluous's face with his avatar. It's like when you go to see a movie adaptation of a book you read, and the actors cast don't match your mental image. He'll always be Belushi in my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails