Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

BobJ

Practically Family
Today I wore my peacoat with my navy watch cap. I thought I might have overdone the nautical theme a bit, but my wife thought I looked like a burglar. Go figure.

I'm still having trouble reconciling Superfluous's face with his avatar. It's like when you go to see a movie adaptation of a book you read, and the actors cast don't match your mental image. He'll always be Belushi in my mind.

And I will always see you with a cigar, a bald head, and a nipple!

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a cool shirt!

Thanks Bob. It’s a Samuria Overalls indigo rope dyed flannel (Freewheelers Power Wear t-shirt under the flannel).

samurai-jeans-indigo-rope-dyed-heavy-flannel-work-shirt-front-open.jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just went and read about it, and it's even cooler than I realized. What did you do with the 'chain stitch runoffs'?
I just looked it up too on Heddles so that I could figure what the heck chain stitch runoff is. The last sentence was the clincher for me

If you’ve got the dough, this could be your new favorite winter shirt.

Available for $285 at Blue in Green.

Very nice shirt!

Superfluous

Just went and read about it, and it's even cooler than I realized. What did you do with the 'chain stitch runoffs'?

Thanks Bob. Many of my shirts have chain stitch runoff. I think it adds character and I leave it.

I just looked it up too on Heddles so that I could figure what the heck chain stitch runoff is. The last sentence was the clincher for me

If you’ve got the dough, this could be your new favorite winter shirt.

Available for $285 at Blue in Green.

Very nice shirt!

Thanks Jonesy. I think the shirt is sold out at BiG. If you like flannels, Samurai makes some of the best. Flat Head, Glory Park (TFH) and Freewheelers are also outstanding.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bob. Many of my shirts have chain stitch runoff. I think it adds character and I leave it.

Thanks Jonesy. I think the shirt is sold out at BiG. If you like flannels, Samurai makes some of the best. Flat Head, Glory Park (TFH) and Freewheelers are also outstanding.
What is a good source for these shirts? I have trouble dealing with the Japanese web sites.

Superfluous

What is a good source for these shirts? I have trouble dealing with the Japanese web sites.

BiG is the only US dealer I am aware of. Here is a list of worldwide dealers: http://www.samurai-j.com/shop/index.html . I have had very good experiences with Japanese retailers. I purchased this Samurai flannel from Denimio:

imgrc0133164971.jpg

Here is another shot of my Samurai flannel from yesterday (with Atticus):

Samurai Flannel 010.jpg

BobJ

Practically Family
Add a straw cowboy hat and some dusty work boots, and you could stand around the Home Depot parking lot and look like you
were waiting for someone to hire you for day labor! ;)

rogue-territory-supply-213-jpg.98511

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails