Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

RRL Quinn jacket (goatskin)
9ea3a788a84a540df3dd9e469731b4af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

More pics of this jacket pls.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
3FAAAB64-D6F4-4C2B-81A8-6BBB2707F242.jpeg
Beautiful hutch! Looks like a fish laying on the top shelf?

Thank you! I found that pie safe in a forgotten old shack in the woods. The shack had been long ago abandoned on a tract of land I hunted every fall. Over the years, it became more and more dilapidated until the roof finally collapsed one winter during a snowstorm. I hated to see pie safe destroyed, so I “rescued” it from the rubble. I had to leave it in my garage for a year to kill all the vermin that infested it, but it turned out to be worth the effort.

The thing on the top shelf is a loon decoy I made in the mid 1980s. I was an avid duck hunter and decoy carver in those days, and I carved it to be a confidence decoy and a 30-yard marker. I’d place it about thirty yards from my blind to help me judge the distance of incoming birds and to prevent me from taking shots that were out of range.

AF

seres

A-List Customer
Very nice Suburban, @Tusche, and the fit looks perfect. I’m planning on a Suburban this year, so I’m interested in all the details…

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
CDE26ED0-FFC3-48EF-9631-962C507E340A.jpeg

My new “current issue” USN deck jacket arrived today. I wore one of these for years until it outgrew me. Then I saw Thor’s posts about the one he wears on the ferry, and I realized how much I missed mine. So, I found a replacement...in a smaller size...and hit the BIN option. I wish I’d had it last week...it’s a balmy 52 degrees, today...but there’s lots of winter yet to go.

AF

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I like stencils on deck jackets. They tell me a little about the jacket’s history. I found this inside of the one that arrived today. My guess is the jacket was part of the ship’s gear on the USS Princeton. Does OD mean Officer of the Day? Operations Division? I have no clue. Nor do I know what 034 refers to.

5CC54833-754D-4321-8BCF-A1165610A4A2.jpeg

AF

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
I like stencils on deck jackets. They tell me a little about the jacket’s history. I found this inside of the one that arrived today. My guess is the jacket was part of the ship’s gear on the USS Princeton. Does OD mean Officer of the Day? Operations Division? I have no clue. Nor do I know what 034 refers to.

View attachment 101530

AF
Hi @Atticus Finch; very cool deck jacket! Great fit! I’m guessing the OD stands for “Operations Division” (Officer of the Deck is OOD) and 034 might be the individual number of the jacket (number 34 of ?) so that when the Supply guys issue you the jacket, they make a notation in their supply log that Commander Finch was issued jacket 34 and they can track their inventory (of course they’ll expect it back when that person transfers off the ship). And you are correct, CG 59 is the guided missile cruiser USS PRINCETON.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi @Atticus Finch; very cool deck jacket! Great fit! I’m guessing the OD stands for “Operations Division” (Officer of the Deck is OOD) and 034 might be the individual number of the jacket (number 34 of ?) so that when the Supply guys issue you the jacket, they make a notation in their supply log that Commander Finch was issued jacket 34 and they can track their inventory (of course they’ll expect it back when that person transfers off the ship). And you are correct, CG 59 is the guided missile cruiser USS PRINCETON.

Makes sense! Thank you.

BTW...I wore it this evening on my walk. I don’t know what kind of insulation is used in these jackets, but...for their weight and size...they are definitely the warmest military jackets I’ve ever owned. Older Air Force “N” jackets are probably this warm, but they are much bulkier and heavier.

AF

Last edited:

BobJ

Practically Family
BTQsxry.jpg

I wear it the whole afternoon, trying to break in those buttons holes. some eyelets would be added later ( they ran out stock for bigger eyelets in the antiqued brass I wanted) :)

Your tailor is a suburb craftsman... and you... are an artist! The two of you create some of the most beautiful jackets on this forum.

You really have an eye for subtle and refined style, navetsea. You should be working in the movie industry in Hollywood so small shops around the world could be copying your creations.

You look properly dressed to be sipping bubbly blue liquid, and speaking in serious hushed tones, with a high-ranking Klingon ambassador, in a discreet bar, in a dangerous galaxy somewhere.

Just don't let Worf find out.

treborea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner