Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

G'c

Familiar Face
This is such a cool jacket!!!

Thanks Monitor!

How do you wear Vanson competition hide in Honkers?

Good question. The bulk of the time when I wear this was back in my london days. I was wearing it even when it was snowing. In HK there's still no problem given the weather is quite cold here at the moment. But the comp weight leather is a b**ch. I bought this back then because of the House show, obviously, and I am not even a rider.

I thought ... how bad can it be..? Got it and then WOW it's super heavy. I have a love/hate relationship with this jacket.

Love: This is an armour, no need to take care of it. Throw it on the floor, hit against the wall, etc. whatever. This jacket can take it and much more. Also good thing is because of how it's designed cold wind hardly gets in.

Hate: Damn heavy and can hurt your shoulders abit if wearing for too long.

Btw typing this post just makes me realize this jacket is like 7 to 8 years old.. damn long time ago for me.

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Vintage Californian HB
e9821a04f2d1af1c4fbb41b3f4668b23.jpg
171c900375b93bc4c19d825307fde45b.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Not a jacket today at all, but a coat: a long charcoal gray/almost black wool-cashmere topcoat I purchased at Men's Wearhouse in Denver more than 20 years ago. With dark gray dress trousers and a blue dress shirt, plus a red-and-black muffler and my silverbelly Stratoliner lookalike, the entire package is something I call my "1925 Cleveland gangster" look.

A-1

One Too Many
Not a jacket today at all, but a coat: a long charcoal gray/almost black wool-cashmere topcoat I purchased at Men's Wearhouse in Denver more than 20 years ago. With dark gray dress trousers and a blue dress shirt, plus a red-and-black muffler and my silverbelly Stratoliner lookalike, the entire package is something I call my "1925 Cleveland gangster" look.

I would so love to see this outfit!

bobm

A-List Customer
All west coast today with Filson double mac, mac vest and mac bibs over a Pendleton shirt
1-12-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
At 4 breezy degrees it is being challenged.

Have a great Friday,
Michael
I have the same coat and vest - same colors too. The only way I am warm at those temps with those is with a good pair of long-johns - top and bottom and a heavy shirt, otherwise wind seems to get through. Trouble is that (for me) mobility is reduced, not that I'm chopping trees, but even shoveling snow I'd feel limited. I'm guessing those pants are not lined, (aren't they itchy?)but I would think with wool that weight and long johns, that must be pretty warm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui