Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Beautiful jacket boss! Kudos to.you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Much obliged.

Quick question for all— are my photos coming out sideways? They look right on my phone but sideways on my computer. How the heck do I fix it? Or at least post them correctly in the future. Thanks.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
1MUO2Cc.jpg

just putting hours and honest wear to further break in the torso panel.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That might be a tough nut to crack. I am assisting a friend of mine at the moment who is trying to purchase his first really nice leather jacket and he has also set a limit of $500. That pretty much rules out new jackets and most of the used jackets I'm finding are running closer to $600-700.
I would suggest that you search for Schott on eBay and see what is available in your size. They make almost every style of jacket imaginable, and with a little bit of luck you might find one in your size that meets your budget.
I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the new Gustin jacket. I just got an email the other day about their new L2,
How do you like the Pegasus? We don't see nearly enough of their jackets here. More pics?

El Marro

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the new Gustin jacket. I just got an email the other day about their new L2,
Good point, some of their offerings are definitely within the $500 price range. The L2 was introduced last year and I believe this is the second release of this style. Looks like a pretty basic crosszip to me, I like the fact that they kept the back length short in keeping with the style.
To the best of my knowledge nobody here owns one of the Gustin leathers. If somebody does, please speak up because it would be nice to hear how they compare to some of the more popular brands around here.

How do you like the Pegasus? We don't see nearly enough of their jackets here. More pics?

I really like it. Extremely well made jacket. A bit of a different take on the D Pocket. The higher placement is handy sometimes. I like the scalloped coin pocket. There is leather sewn into the interior of the armpit area to help prevent wear, which i think is a nice touch. It also is vented there. The back pleats help with movement a bit. The leather is soft and feels great when you put it on. Almost like not having a leather jacket on. Breaking in was cake compared to comp. weight leather. In places where it gets scuffed up a bit you see a bit lighter brown undertone. I bet that over the course of years it will look really nice, at least I hope so. No collar snaps so need to zip up all the way when riding but I rarely ride in it. It does have a throat latch but I never use it. I travel with this jacket sometimes (it is soft so easy to pack if I am not wearing it) or use it to go out to dinner or something. I would recommend checking them out. I only wish the side belts were a bit thicker.

Peg 2.jpg Peg3.jpg Peg4.jpg Peg5.jpg Peg6.jpg Peg7.jpg Peg8.jpg Peg9.jpg

Gamma68

One Too Many
Quick question for all— are my photos coming out sideways? They look right on my phone but sideways on my computer. How the heck do I fix it? Or at least post them correctly in the future. Thanks.

I suggest opening the photos in a program like "Paint," then rotate them and save them in the proper orientation before uploading them. That's what I need to do with photos taken on my iPhone.

willyto

One Too Many
I'm always lazy to take pictures but here's a crappy one from my Aero 50s Half Belt amde by Ken in Horween medium weight horsehide that has been worn during the last 1 year and 6 months. Almost daily during Autumn/Winter.

ff8SSjx.jpg

I lost 7Kg since I got it so the waist is very loose now but when open it's barely noticeable. Still I would love it to be more snug but not sure what can be done.

I'm always lazy to take pictures but here's a crappy one from my Aero 50s Half Belt amde by Ken in Horween medium weight horsehide that has been worn during the last 1 year and 6 months. Almost daily during Autumn/Winter.

ff8SSjx.jpg

I lost 7Kg since I got it so the waist is very loose now but when open it's barely noticeable. Still I would love it to be more snug but not sure what can be done.

I'm sure Aero could do something? It's great but it is a bit on the baggy side right now.

tropicalbob

I really like it. Extremely well made jacket. A bit of a different take on the D Pocket. The higher placement is handy sometimes. I like the scalloped coin pocket. There is leather sewn into the interior of the armpit area to help prevent wear, which i think is a nice touch. It also is vented there. The back pleats help with movement a bit. The leather is soft and feels great when you put it on. Almost like not having a leather jacket on. Breaking in was cake compared to comp. weight leather. In places where it gets scuffed up a bit you see a bit lighter brown undertone. I bet that over the course of years it will look really nice, at least I hope so. No collar snaps so need to zip up all the way when riding but I rarely ride in it. It does have a throat latch but I never use it. I travel with this jacket sometimes (it is soft so easy to pack if I am not wearing it) or use it to go out to dinner or something. I would recommend checking them out. I only wish the side belts were a bit thicker.

View attachment 104270 View attachment 104271 View attachment 104272 View attachment 104273 View attachment 104274 View attachment 104275 View attachment 104276 View attachment 104277
Really beautiful. And thanks.

Fonzie

One Too Many

ff8SSjx.jpg

I’m not sure what you mean by too big, IMO is a perfect fit as it is. Looks great on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: A-1

willyto

One Too Many
I'm sure Aero could do something? It's great but it is a bit on the baggy side right now.

I'll probably ask once I decide to go for one of their jackets in russet goatskin. I'll probably take a cheap flight and go in person.

@willyto do the side adjusters help at all?

Not really. They're fully closed and still roomy even layering It's the pattern that doesn't quite work for me because of the flare effect. Others don't mind it but I don't like it on me but you learn. I has teached me a lot about what I want or don't want on a leather jacket for future orders. This was from the GTA Sale so can't complain and I do love it apart from that.

I’m not sure what you mean by too big, IMO is a perfect fit as it is. Looks great on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. When worn open it isn't as obvious seen from the front but to give you an idea the Pit to Pit is 21.5" while the bottom of the jacket is 22.5 inches so it flares and I'm a 32-33W so it's very lose there with around 12 inches of ease. My best fitting and snug jackets are 20" at the bottom, it's just my preference, specially with half belts.

Seen from the side you can really tell the excess of leather, specially with my hands in the pockets.

After seeing that Aeronaut in Goatskin I'm set on wanting Goatskin from Aero. A russet Moonshiner would look so cool.

tropicalbob

ff8SSjx.jpg

Nice jacket and a great look (I wore almost the same thing last week). The wrist straps really add something great to the whole look. BTW, I don't think it looks too big at all - just comfortable.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Just back from a 279 K's Harley ride thru' the Perth Western Australia "hills". ( 175 miles )

I wore my Vanson Sturgis ( recent purchase NEW within Australia) principally because of the "venting zips"

One on each forearm and 2 on the back at kidney level. It was 30C here today ( 86F) so the venting was welcome

They worked excellently whilst on the move , 110Km/H most of the journey ( @70MPH !).

It is a well made quality hide leather , but "heavy" , so it was "cook time" at the lights on the way back into the metro area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana