Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hh121

Banned
It is one size too big, the measurements is actually standard 42, and LW always has front drop which I don't like it.

Lost Worlds Suburban, I don't know if it is a good fit or not
70ffcfc5fa905261976fa9f9a10a5a5d.jpg
85e011d29a21efbc38cf6789f8e02a86.jpg
Tend to agree with HD. Front shot looks great but the back is carrying too much leather.

Logician

One of the Regulars
Lost Worlds Suburban, I don't know if it is a good fit or not
70ffcfc5fa905261976fa9f9a10a5a5d.jpg
85e011d29a21efbc38cf6789f8e02a86.jpg
IMO the jacket leaves plenty of room for layering underneath if that's what you want, though it may feel a bit loose for you when wearing only a t-shirt. But it still looks great. That's why, personally, I have several leather jackets ranging from tight to loose fitting, depending on use and weather. BTW I have also a Black LW Test 4.5 oz 42R and I'm waiting for a Brown one in the same size. The fitting is neither tight or loose, let's say it's somewhere in between. I have a 40R LW Suburban which is a bit tight---I can only wear a t-shirt or light shirt underneath. I much prefer my other two LW Suburban which are 42R. Usually, bikers like their jackets tight. Perhaps I'm an exception. That being said, I'm not sure that the 40R would fit you well.

Last edited:
Getting better, but 60 degrees is still jacket weather for me. Plus with all of this Thedi talk lately....
b2db4dadb2b26118174084ca021972f3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I had that jacket I'd wear it until it actually was 90. Man you rock the snot outta that thing. I need a Thedi shawl. Have for some time.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
IMO the jacket leaves plenty of room for layering underneath if that's what you want, though it may feel a bit loose for you when wearing only a t-shirt. But it still looks great. That's why, personally, I have several leather jackets ranging from tight to loose fitting, depending on use and weather. BTW I have also a Black LW Test 4.5 oz 42R and I'm waiting for a Brown one in the same size. The fitting is neither tight or loose, let's say it's somewhere in between. I have a 40R LW Suburban which is a bit tight---I can only wear a t-shirt or light shirt underneath. I much prefer my other two LW Suburban which are 42R. Usually, bikers like their jackets tight. Perhaps I'm an exception. That being said, I'm not sure that the 40R would fit you well.

You know where to look of you ever want to part with that green Suburban... :D

@Hh121 I also think that Suburban looks a size too large for you in the body, but just right in the shoulders... i understand the Suburban is a very boxy fit, maybe the pattern just isn't for you.. from what I can see you have broad shoulders and a large drop down to the waist.. a size down may fit well in the body but be restrictably tight in the shoulder area..

Hh121

Banned
You know where to look of you ever want to part with that green Suburban... [emoji1]

@Hh121 I also think that Suburban looks a size too large for you in the body, but just right in the shoulders... i understand the Suburban is a very boxy fit, maybe the pattern just isn't for you.. from what I can see you have broad shoulders and a large drop down to the waist.. a size down may fit well in the body but be restrictably tight in the shoulder area..

Thanks. I don't know, this is size 44 4.5oz test with +1" shoulder and +0.5 chest, but it is much warmer jacket which allows me to use it as winter jacket. I am not sure which one looks better in terms of fitting, but I prefer Test.
045fc58aace2af88aac10f02f11cc21b.jpg
69a40efa20c7655f8f62dad2d9de204b.jpg

zebedee

One Too Many
The Lost Worlds looks the better of the two, although the back is blousy. The arms on the second one are far too wide and the cinching exaggerates the problem.

You'd need to eat more or layer to make it look less like you're swimming in them.

MET

A-List Customer
Sorry Hh121..but to be honest...and I think honesty is surely what we all should want here...both jackets look a size to big.

I must agree. Stu's sizing is based on height and weight and has failed in your case Hh121. If I were you I would sell both and size down a full size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner