Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MET

A-List Customer
2w2pzdh.jpg

14cfypt.jpg

Aero Work Coat 1920
Black Cxl FQHH

That's what I'm wearing today.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
ON the one hand,looking at this thread always kind of depresses me a little when I see people like @casechopper and his awesome collection of jackets. I'm jealous.
OTOH I see people like Terry and Atticus and feel inspired that being a more 'mature' gentlemen doesn't mean I have to conform to expectations in the future. No golf wear around town and velour jackets in my future.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Gorgeous jacket @Bfd70 . If I were to buy a Thedi — and I am mighty tempted — it would be that exact jacket, in the same leather. Is that HH?
The jacket was bought from Thurstons and is cowhide. I’m fortunate that i tend to have an off the rack build. The downsize is the build doesn’t come up much in the classifieds.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Thats true but if you guys keep saying so many nice things about it i may come to my senses and not sell it. The only reason for the sale would be to fund a 1/2belt. I don’t get enough jacket time to properly appreciate a large collection. I think for me the number (fingers crossed) is 3. Anj-4 for the ridiculous chicago winters, vanson model b for on the bike, and....either the Thedi or a 1/2 belt. I’d be happy either way.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
ON the one hand,looking at this thread always kind of depresses me a little when I see people like @casechopper and his awesome collection of jackets. I'm jealous.
OTOH I see people like Terry and Atticus and feel inspired that being a more 'mature' gentlemen doesn't mean I have to conform to expectations in the future. No golf wear around town and velour jackets in my future.

Most of my jackets are even more mature than me!

dannyk

One Too Many
2w2pzdh.jpg

14cfypt.jpg

Aero Work Coat 1920
Black Cxl FQHH

That's what I'm wearing today.
Not jacket related but do those happen to be Rancourt 1967 boots made of the chromepak? I’ve always fancied a pair but have never handled chromepak and would love to hear an owners opinion on them!

Last edited:

MET

A-List Customer
Not jacket related but do those happen to be Rancourt 1967 boots made of the chromepak? I’ve always fancied a pair but have never handled chromepak and would love to hear an owners opinion on them!

Yes they are. They are made from the thickest leather I've seen. Since two years they are still stiff and cause blisters on my fingers after a few hours of walk. I've yet hope that they will break in some time in the future.

Tusche

Familiar Face
C5CBEB20-5736-49AE-866D-55CDC28E2ECF.jpeg
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words.
Meanwhile the Charade is my first choice for riding my sidecar rig.
It is made of Shinki horse hide by a Japanese craftsman.
The hide has a thickness of 1,8 mm and the jacket weighs 2,5 kg.
Every single detail, the leather, the lining, the stitching, the zipper is absolutely top notch.
Pierre Girard, the man behind Les Motocyclettistes, is really a nice guy and easy to deal with.
I bought my Charade finally via one of his german retailers ( www.kentaurus.de ).
Because this shop is just 20 km away from my home and I was able to touch and try on a jacket before I placed my order.
Break in time was really quick and as in the pic showed after just a couple of hours riding my bike the sleeves shows a beautiful grain already.
What I know Les Motocyclettistes don’t offer custom made jackets.
Normally I wear in all my other leather jackets a size 38, here I had to size up due to the CR fit.
But all in all my Charade fits me perfectly and a custom made version couldn’t be better.

dannyk

One Too Many
Yes they are. They are made from the thickest leather I've seen. Since two years they are still stiff and cause blisters on my fingers after a few hours of walk. I've yet hope that they will break in some time in the future.
Super thick leather that looks that good sounds awesome. Two years of break in and still not softened up not so good. Now I’m even more torn on them. In any case they do look killer.

Reactions: MET

dannyk

One Too Many
View attachment 114203
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words.
Meanwhile the Charade is my first choice for riding my sidecar rig.
It is made of Shinki horse hide by a Japanese craftsman.
The hide has a thickness of 1,8 mm and the jacket weighs 2,5 kg.
Every single detail, the leather, the lining, the stitching, the zipper is absolutely top notch.
Pierre Girard, the man behind Les Motocyclettistes, is really a nice guy and easy to deal with.
I bought my Charade finally via one of his german retailers ( www.kentaurus.de ).
Because this shop is just 20 km away from my home and I was able to touch and try on a jacket before I placed my order.
Break in time was really quick and as in the pic showed after just a couple of hours riding my bike the sleeves shows a beautiful grain already.
What I know Les Motocyclettistes don’t offer custom made jackets.
Normally I wear in all my other leather jackets a size 38, here I had to size up due to the CR fit.
But all in all my Charade fits me perfectly and a custom made version couldn’t be better.
I’m really glad you brought this company to our attention. As I stated in my prior post I poked around their website a bit and they have a few models that interest me. I also enjoyed the Brief history of the company/owner. Name checking the greats like Langlitz and Aero. A lot of companies not only claim their stuff is the best but do so by disparaging other makers. It takes a class act to say I started my company because I was inspired by the other great makers. The Charade is really a beautiful jacket. Congrats on the purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112