Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is a nice one!
4cd442fdc458509a85353495d05a7b6c.jpg
133bdf9d8ad805a9f9c3c37cde4e71a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
Hi, Terry, is that late 40's or early? Reason I ask is because for some reason lately I'm really liking those longer, pointy collars. That's probably the nicest jacket with a collar like that I've ever seen. Perfect fit on you, too.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
OK, after seeing all these beautiful jackets, light ones, heavy ones, repros, original vintage, I am going to post way too much data on another "Cheap Chinese" jacket from AliExpress. Ordered this one back on March 25th, and it arrived today, a little over 2 weeks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...&orderId=90722263288785&productId=32845111720

Looks pretty much like the ones on their web page, although the jacket I received has almost orange contrast stitching on the black leather which stands out. But I can't say I don't like it.

IMG_5408.JPG

The web page said it was cotton lining, but it is polyester. No deal breaker either.

Vanson Chopper but I found a denim/cotton black Schott Perfecto jacket in my closet this morning that I will wear later when it starts to heat up a bit.

Hopefully it fits.

A-1

One Too Many
Hi Everyone,
It’s really warm here in the North of Germoney. So, no jacket today but this old shirt from the 1960s paired with these pants from 1944.

cf01dc54b266c2b4af49c1bd39df8a5a.jpg

Been reading a bit about the length discussion and I just think that you should just wear whatever you feel comfy with. People wearing stuff they feel good in usually look great! Not always on pics but in motion.
I feel the same about the weight of leather but also think it has more to do with the correct cut of a jacket. Wear whatever you like and makes you feel great! You’ll always look the best you can.
I don’t care much about what other people think about what I’m wearing. All the teachers in our school look the same and try not to stand out because they don’t want to provide the students with a target. Having 50 attentive eyes on you does make some people feel uncomfortable... hehe.

The black denim Schott Perfecto fits great. Happy it still fits. Nice and snug.

Forgot how much I dig this jacket. Going to put this into my permanent rotation.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Hi Everyone,
It’s really warm here in the North of Germoney. So, no jacket today but this old shirt from the 1960s paired with these pants from 1944.

cf01dc54b266c2b4af49c1bd39df8a5a.jpg

Been reading a bit about the length discussion and I just think that you should just wear whatever you feel comfy with. People wearing stuff they feel good in usually look great! Not always on pics but in motion.
I feel the same about the weight of leather but also think it has more to do with the correct cut of a jacket. Wear whatever you like and makes you feel great! You’ll always look the best you can.
I don’t care much about what other people think about what I’m wearing. All the teachers in our school look the same and try not to stand out because they don’t want to provide the students with a target. Having 50 attentive eyes on you does make some people feel uncomfortable... hehe.

Glad to see that you’re not completely gone from here. I do understand the sentiment to cut down on social media (used to be a biiiig time waster for me); but I’ve appreciated your contributions to this community so would like to continue reading your posts. My advice is to get rid of Facebook and Instagram but keep TFL [emoji3]

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glad to see that you’re not completely gone from here. I do understand the sentiment to cut down on social media (used to be a biiiig time waster for me); but I’ve appreciated your contributions to this community so would like to continue reading your posts. My advice is to get rid of Facebook and Instagram but keep TFL [emoji3]

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
I'll second that.

Reactions: A-1

dannyk

One Too Many
The black denim Schott Perfecto fits great. Happy it still fits. Nice and snug.

Forgot how much I dig this jacket. Going to put this into my permanent rotation.
I know you’re not much of a selfie guy but any chance we can get a picture of this Schott? Even if it’s not a fit pic and just a picture of the jacket I’d very much like to see what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran