Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

breezer

Practically Family
Perfect weather in Scotland today for my Aero A2 Bronco.....the past few weeks have been unseasonally warm, but the cool breeze and clouds returned, so normal service has been resumed.

Reactions: Dav

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Levi's wool "Trucker"?
Now I got time to browse around all the Vintage clothing stores and buy stuff that I don't need.
Levi Wool Trucker Fit Pic Front.JPG

Levi Wool Trucker Fit Pic Back.JPG

Captain Sensible

A-List Customer

Great fit, could you perhaps share how much give you have seen in the leather through the body? I remember and could find your original post describing just how trim the jacket felt, the pictures are there no longer for comparison. I recently acquired a Ridley, it fits tighter than any of my other jackets through the body, tricky even to get the zip started.

If anyone else would like to chime in with their insight into how this style of jacket should fit to begin with it would be greatly appreciated. I don't ride any type of bike and layering is not a consideration as I have other jackets for cold weather.

Cheers

technovox

One Too Many
Looks awesome techno! I was a hair trigger on that one myself but coward away at the numbers. Fits you like a glove!
Yep, I was on the fence at first, but these old school racing Bates jackets rarely come up and then disappear quickly, so I pulled the trigger. Thankfully it fits... and it's definitely got some serious vintage mojo!
But I really think this one would have been way too tight on you, Ton.

BatesMain_sml.jpg

BatesShouldersml.jpg

Last edited:

breezer

Practically Family
Great fit, could you perhaps share how much give you have seen in the leather through the body? I remember and could find your original post describing just how trim the jacket felt, the pictures are there no longer for comparison. I recently acquired a Ridley, it fits tighter than any of my other jackets through the body, tricky even to get the zip started.

If anyone else would like to chime in with their insight into how this style of jacket should fit to begin with it would be greatly appreciated. I don't ride any type of bike and layering is not a consideration as I have other jackets for cold weather.

Cheers

Captain, did you know your bandmate Mr Dave Vanian is a loyal Aero customer?

barnabus

One Too Many
Yep, I was on the fence at first, but these old school racing Bates jackets rarely come up and then disappear quickly, so I pulled the trigger. Thankfully it fits... and it's definitely got some serious vintage mojo!
But I really think this one would have been way too tight on you, Ton.

View attachment 122886
View attachment 122887
I think that looks excellent. I like a bit of a stripe on a leather jacket, although bitter experience has shown me time and again that I simply can't pull them off.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Sweet! That SJC shirt is killer too.

Thanks! It’s my first SJC item and I really like it. If I have to complain about one thing the sleeves are borderline too short for me, but I have rather long arms so that’s rather usual for me. I only pray they don’t shrink in the washer!

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Thuggee

Practically Family
ELMC Windward, American Walnut this fine morning it’s one of my warmer jackets and I need it 10ºC currently, on a side note I was browsing the Eastman website last night their prices have really gone up one of these jackets now with shipping is close to 1000 GBP, glad I bought mine back when I did cheers
cc5c7d379619b3acee3673e30cf8daca.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24