Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Joxi

New in Town
Welcome to the Lounge! With that jacket and these boots you're certainly in the right place! (Do I spot multi-colored Dr Martens in the background there?) Be careful though, membership in this place is a very costly hobby..

Jacket looks great, big on you but I think you can pull it off, especially since rocking vtg oversized leather jacket seems to be a fashion thing, seen that a lot lately. I like the stud button cuffs on the jacket, hadn't noticed until now these were a thing on straight zip Cal Leather jackets, had always assumed they also had zip sleeves.

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcomes! And bingo! I'm a vintage Dr. Martens collector as well :]

I've considered tailoring this one,
but part of me feels torn on doing so. Don't want to lose any of the distressing!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks a bunch for the warm welcomes! And bingo! I'm a vintage Dr. Martens collector as well :]

I've considered tailoring this one,
but part of me feels torn on doing so. Don't want to lose any of the distressing!

Don’t tailor it!!! Ladies in oversized jackets are hot, a tailored men’s size jacket is just wrong, keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Possibly the nicest-looking grizzly I've seen yet Dude; not to detract from other guys' grizzlies, it's just that your Himel is the one that appeals to me personally the most. Great pics with in sunlight to show the rich colour and character of the jackets too.

I forgot that I hadn't posted all the pictures from my April trip to the central coast of Cali.
DJMvZXK.jpg

Himel grizzly
9uBuOJa.jpg

RMC A2
OCrUm3v.jpg

Himel cossack jacket inside of Hearst Castle
xIZVoJf.jpg

BVSLOTF.jpg
Great jackets dude. Now throw on some board shorts, get yourself a tumbler of vodka and enjoy the beach.

Joxi

New in Town
Great patina on your jacket Joxi! Welcome to Outerwear, which oughta be called Beware, 'cause we like to make jackets an addiction here!

Thanks Benny! Haha, I did fear joining Outerwear for that reason. Already have too many!

Thank you @jonesy86 @Bushman @regius Finding tiny vintage leathers has been a challenge!

Most of what I have is on the ill fitted/distressed side, but happy to share.

Looking forward to exploring around here

Too fat to wear board shorts now... Hence the discussion of weight in the Caboose jacket thread. Next summer though
Too fat?!? Man that's crap. You have to adopt my attitude. "Back hair-don't care" LOL. Be you brother and enjoy life without concerning yourself about internet so and so's. And the caboose jacket fits just fine. No augmentation needed there, imho.

Edward

Bartender
Sucks don't it!
British summer is usually A-2 weather for me, not this year. :(

It's been hell. I'm actually glad to be back at work after a couple of weeks off because I have aircon in the office.

Thoughts on fit welcome, do your worst :)

Looks a good fit to me - J106?

it is a twinstroke suzuki RG 150cc from 1997, bought it when I graduated highschool and has been staying with me for 20+ yrs
if it qualifies as "motorcycle" :D

Cool. I'm a fan of the Japanese approach of really getting great performance out of tiny little engines rather than huge, sluggish performing ones like some bikes have.

Just received this back from some 'embellishing'. Was going to take some fit pics and do a little review, but its still so darned muggy... Cockpit Government issue HH A-2.
View attachment 127892

Where did you get the chit from? THey're rarer with that first-style mandarin script on them (second issue versions, as most painted peather repops are based on, had an extra couple of characters in the third column to indicate "American", instead of just "airman".

View attachment 129188 View attachment 129189 View attachment 129190

New member here, hope the photos worked!

Wearing my old beat up
horsehide police jacket (Cal-leather?)

A couple sizes too big, but beggars cant be choosers when you're a petite 5'3"!

Great jackets in here guys

Welcome - nice jacket. Certainly looks like a Cal Leathers. I believe wearing it like this is what the fashion set call the "boyfriend fit". Eitherway, it doesn't look at all wrong.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Too fat?!? Man that's crap. You have to adopt my attitude. "Back hair-don't care" LOL. Be you brother and enjoy life without concerning yourself about internet so and so's. And the caboose jacket fits just fine. No augmentation needed there, imho.

Thanks man I appreciate that. I need to do it anyway for quality of life reasons though. It was actually way too cold there for going shirtless anyway haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred