Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Logician

One of the Regulars
Fit pics......L.W. custom TEST 48 R with #10 crown zipper and detachable Mouton collar
kxyVrjk.jpg

Couldn't be happier with fit and construction.
So glad you finally received your jacket! #10 Crown zipper is an excellent choice --- may I ask how much it cost you in extra? (Stuart put a #5 Talon on mine, which makes me wonder about durability. Otherwise, the jacket is fine.)
I didn't know that one could order a detachable mouton collar for the Test! What about the lining? The fit is right on. Congrats!

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yeah - it was 48 to 60 degrees fahrenheit here today and I certainly didn't need a jacket. I can't imagine wearing leather in the tropics.

I really don't see how it's even possible! The sun would warm up the leather to approximately 200f. Just don't get it...

I really don't see how it's even possible! The sun would warm up the leather to approximately 200f. Just don't get it...

Not easy. I do it when riding, at my icebox of an office, and sometimes in the evening if I will be someplace with AC that I know works overtime. Puttering around on foot in the sun and humidity I cannot do.

Wore my LW and got stuck in a few intense rainstorms. The kind that look like a wall of water and you pass through them in minutes. I have to say that the HH of this jacket handled it superbly. Like a raincoat. Once I rolled into sunshine the only piece of clothing that was dry was the jacket.

Wore my LW and got stuck in a few intense rainstorms. The kind that look like a wall of water and you pass through them in minutes. I have to say that the HH of this jacket handled it superbly. Like a raincoat. Once I rolled into sunshine the only piece of clothing that was dry was the jacket.

Yep, some are like that. Got caught with my Schott cafe racer in such a torrential rainfall and for a considerably long time. The jacket was completely dry once I wiped off the raindrops.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
what are you talking guys, I'm freezing, it is 16C here right now, probably the coolest temp I ever have in my city, and some earthquake too, last few nights I've been woken up by how cold my feet have gotten and trying to tuck them under some extra pillow

That makes more sense, but 16 degrees isn't cold - it was 16 here yesterday too and I didn't wear a jacket. But I did see a guy in an A2 style for the first time in some years. A dire pre-distressed, baggy number from the 1980's, I think. I've been counting leather jackets around here given it is winter. So far in 2 weeks I have counted 5 leather jackets. None of them any good. Our city population is close to 5 million and I get around town a lot and it seems leather is uncommon to say the least.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Our city population is close to 5 million and I get around town a lot and it seems leather is uncommon to say the least.

Plenty of leather jackets in Sydney atm, apparently fake distressed brown is "in" this year for guys 30+, either cafe racers or car coat styles. Millennial ares sticking to cheap black perfecto knockoffs.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That makes more sense, but 16 degrees isn't cold - it was 16 here yesterday too and I didn't wear a jacket. But I did see a guy in an A2 style for the first time in some years. A dire pre-distressed, baggy number from the 1980's, I think. I've been counting leather jackets around here given it is winter. So far in 2 weeks I have counted 5 leather jackets. None of them any good. Our city population is close to 5 million and I get around town a lot and it seems leather is uncommon to say the least.
That's how it is here in SoCal. Not as many above 30's men wearing leather jackets, but when they do, they wear exactly what you described. The young dudes wearing fake black moto jackets (especially cross zips) are far more common.

Then there's me with my Himel Grizzly :D
KJrdPxw.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24