Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Thanks everyone for the opinions, i might make a thread with better pictures, it is a pretty cool jacket.
I have been wearing it for a couple days and it is very comfy and warm, not sure what i am going to do with it yet.
I had that exact jacket. It didn’t fit in the sleeves but I loved it. Very functional piece of leather outerwear. Yeah it’s no Shinki or CXL show queen but that’s a jacket you can wear the Hell out of and not care. I think it looks great on you man and if mine fit that well I would not have sold it (well not as quickly anyway) LOL.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not usually one to ask for fit opinion, but on this one i just can't tell.
My girlfriend thinks it is "the worst thing on earth", i'm not sure i can deal with the bell shape, not sure if it is cool or ridiculous, what says TFL?

1970s Schott 602

BsXW9wH.jpg

gG8voV9.jpg
Cool looking jacket but that bell shape is just weird...
I think I agree with your gf on this one. Fortunately you have many other jackets that fit perfectly to fall back on!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I think it looks fine, Carlos. I actually like it. Your shoulders are not narrow so it balances out to my eye. But if in doubt... f it off. :cool:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I had that exact jacket. It didn’t fit in the sleeves but I loved it. Very functional piece of leather outerwear. Yeah it’s no Shinki or CXL show queen but that’s a jacket you can wear the Hell out of and not care. I think it looks great on you man and if mine fit that well I would not have sold it (well not as quickly anyway) LOL.

I had been looking for one for a while, this is a 42 Long and it was the first time i saw one with sleeves that would be long enough for me so i took the gamble. Like you say, it is a great "no need to care" jacket, and i will probably keep it just for that.
It does one thing that no other of my jackets do, it covers my lower back/upper arse, which when out in the cold for a while is much more comfortable than a shorter jacket. The handwarmers are also nice and low, meaning you can keep your hands in them for long and they keep your arms in a comfortable position.
It's really a very comfortable jacket to be standing around outside in. It protects you from cold and rain much better than any other leather jacket i own.
The leather is also very heavily coated and looks like it would be fine in a rainstorm....
I might see if i can add some extra snap buttons at the bottom to give more adjustment to the bell.

red devil

I had been looking for one for a while, this is a 42 Long and it was the first time i saw one with sleeves that would be long enough for me so i took the gamble. Like you say, it is a great "no need to care" jacket, and i will probably keep it just for that.
It does one thing that no other of my jackets do, it covers my lower back/upper arse, which when out in the cold for a while is much more comfortable than a shorter jacket. The handwarmers are also nice and low, meaning you can keep your hands in them for long and they keep your arms in a comfortable position.
It's really a very comfortable jacket to be standing around outside in. It protects you from cold and rain much better than any other leather jacket i own.
The leather is also very heavily coated and looks like it would be fine in a rainstorm....
I might see if i can add some extra snap buttons at the bottom to give more adjustment to the bell.

Your upcoming LW J23 is the perfect no need to care jacket... trust me on this one :)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Your upcoming LW J23 is the perfect no need to care jacket... trust me on this one :)

Considering the LW cost 10 times more, let me tell you i am going to care about it a lot more than i care about this Schott!
I have just created a thread with better pics if you want.

red devil

I need to post a better pic, this one doesn't show much... Will try to take some better ones later.

That being said if there is a jacket that rewards you for persistence, it's definitely LW

Edit: forgot to mention that I don't "work jackets", this is all from careless use :)

Yeah..hang it outside on a rainy day while you stay dry watching TV. Better yet hang it in the shower no matter the weather. I once had a new LW A2 that I sprayed with water almost every day for two weeks. No change. The LW finish seems impervious to showing much wear.

No rain here
Yeah..hang it outside on a rainy day while you stay dry watching TV. Better yet hang it in the shower no matter the weather. I once had a new LW A2 that I sprayed with water almost every day for two weeks. No change. The LW finish seems impervious to showing much wear.

I’ve considered that but chicken out. That said, I was drenched in a Cal not too long ago and it does look much better now. I may have to give it a shot. Does water temp matter? I bet not but have never done it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran