1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. bobm

bobm A-List Customer

So, the lining is what material?

2. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

And that makes the jacket so perfect.

And now Ton, one day at a time.

ton312 likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It’s green wool! The collar has a greenish tint to it as well.
    751648E5-D9E6-47A6-9979-CC1EEB63ABE6.jpeg

Benny Holiday, Michael A and Dm101 like this.
  4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Yes Nick. That’s the plan man. Those two plus the Bates CR and I can’t see where else I need to go with this disease.

5. Oh your friends here will send you down the right path...:D

Benny Holiday, El Marro and ton312 like this.
  6. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

"The right friends, the right woman and the right drink... They'll christen your dumpster for you."

Bill Hicks, RIP.

ton312 and Monitor like this.
  7. Dm101

Dm101 One of the Regulars

Nice! My grandmother built my grandfather a jacket much like that one when I was a baby. I inherited it when my grandfather passed away. I'll have to drag it out and take pics of it sometime...

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

8. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Legendary Whitetails buffalo plaid:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 1:03 AM
  9. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Freezing again today... So I went with the ThunderBay!

Worf

10. mtrlr

mtrlr New in Town

It was -18C here this morning, with the wind, it felt like below -20C. Taking a short walk of one hour in the wood, wearing this Vanson Enfield with a Nau wool down utility jacket as a mid layer, a light merino wool sweater on top of a long sleeve t-shirt. Not only did I not feel cold, but I started to sweat a bit after half an hour. But the weakest link in this weather is the denim, I was wearing a merino wool long john with a 16 oz raw denim, and my butt was freezing off :)

Funny that the mid section looked bulky in the picture, but I'm wearing 30'' pants and the jacket is pretty snug at the waist.

Attached Files:

Dm101 and navetsea like this.
  11. HPA Rep

HPA Rep Sponsoring Affiliate

Congrats, Ton! We didn't bring in many of these, so they are pretty rare in the USA. Eastman definitely sold some, but I know of no other retailers outside of Japan and this example almost certainly originated as a sale from HPA. These were a one-season production that came in black with a charcoal-colored fur collar with the olive-colored wool lining or the brown version you have.

The other jacket made from this amazing shrunken buffalo hide is single-breasted and has a leather collar, which was the style of the year prior. It came in black or camel; the latter also was just sold, I believe, by Mr. Mitchell. This single-breasted style was a big seller and my personal fave. Both coat styles sold for about $1, 800.00 when new; the price was up there due to an extremely weak dollar at the time. Today, though the dollar is much better on the exchange, the cost of materials and labor would likely push the price to near equal if they were made again.

Now I wish I had also gotten a double-breasted style for me ...

Please enjoy in good health!

12. HPA Rep

HPA Rep Sponsoring Affiliate

Seb, you lucky dirty name, you, just how and where did you get a deal like that??? The fur collar cost more than that! :)

willyto likes this.
  13. regius

regius One Too Many

Dav likes this.
  14. regius

regius One Too Many

Incredible beast of a coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ton312 likes this.
  15. zebedee

Beige wool overcoat, no brand, made in Shanghai six years ago by a pair of tailors I went to regularly. Took it to my tailor in the UK to check stitching, etc. and he was well impressed. Staggered when I told him it was 90GBP (and that was with me tipping 15%). It has lasted and lasted. I miss those tailors- they must have made most of my clothing for four years and everything is still good to wear. Untitled.png

16. Dav

Dav One Too Many

A B-3 for a change :)
    ResizerImage1342X1470.jpg

17. Bfd70

Bfd70 Practically Family

I expected to see a photo of you sleeping in the yard last night in that coat.

18. Colin G

Colin G One of the Regulars

AS WELL
    So leather in this series is not available any longer? I have been looking at this lately and wondered if it was something you can get your hands on in the future.

I'd take a shorter, size 40 in the double breasted version Ton is wearing in a heartbeat as well. Both are gorgeous jackets.

buzzricksoncoastguardcoat.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 5:06 PM
    Alexlutov likes this.
  19. zebedee

That poor bloke's arms are swimming in the sleeves and the flaps on those patches are hoooooge.

Dm101 likes this.
  20. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

I had two of this style.

[​IMG]

I sold one here some time ago in a size 44 which fit like a 46. The one I am keeping and regard as one of my favorite jackets is this size 42 which fits like a 44! At least that is my take.

This is a keeper and favorite of all my jackets. It can be worn for dress or casual. One of the few jackets I typically get compliments on.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It is among the finest fitting/feeling jackets. Easy to wear and stylish, at least to me. You can get a lot underneath for warm.

I just recalled I have an engagement soon, I will wear this jacket.

[​IMG]