Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

HPA Rep

Vendor
I still remember back in the day when you tried to make a model specially for TFL but in the end the project didn't work out. Those Buzz Rickson jackets are amazing!

PS: I just realised that this stupid notifications system didn't tell me about your PM about the shawl collar Buzz Rickson suede you sent me a long time ago :confused: Now I feel bad for not getting back!

Yup, that was not destined to work out well, but we will be trying to offer something in 2020 that could offer an inclusion of sorts toward the style design, hides, color, etc.

Hey, thanks for mentioning that jacket and your inquiry. I do recall and wondered what happened. Good-old technology strikes again - hate it!!!

The jacket in that one size 38 is still here. There are just some items that will linger and linger as a one-and-only size and style, but I've learned that they all do eventually sell. We had a size 34R ELC Luftwaffe jacket on consignment here for about 18 years, which ELC has not offered for some 12 years (the size), and even it finally sold. That was a record!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Great pics Dude.

Oww just woke up and realize I dont have bread when I checked the fridge what a pwrfect reason to have some morning sun treatment on the new leather walking to nearby convenient store.
5PeuH5s.jpg

Great jacket, but bread in the fridge? What sorcery is this?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Christ on a bike- I am rescuing the bread right now. What a fool I have been all these years.

You are a good man...

I had an ex who would keep tins of tuna and sardines in the fridge, i never managed to make her stop doing it.
Fresh fish=good, fridge keeps things fresh, thus tinned fish in the fridge=good.
It just blew my mind that someone would do that and have the right to vote and drive!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yes, very wrong!
It actually goes stale quicker in the fridge.
it doesn't get moldy or anything, a bit dry maybe but everything in the fridge getting dry, I've been told I should put in the freezer, but really who want to defrost the bread everytime.

but hey
https://www.chatelaine.com/food/kitchen-tips/store-bread-in-the-fridge/

I store unopened cans in the cabinet, but opened cans of everything I put them in the fridge with silicone rubber lid to not cross contaminate their smell.

zebedee

One Too Many
Freezing bread is good for toast, mainly. All this talk of mundane foods. I would kill for a rendang.

Does anyone have any pics of Seal jerky HH which are recent? I got a sample in the mail, and I'm considering a Teamster in it (as long as it wears through to red/orange).

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
While I personally keep my bread on the counter, perhaps the warmer, humid tropical island climate would justify storing bread in a refrigerator?

Women = Time, Time = Money, Money = The Root of All Evil

Thus, Women = The Root of All Evil

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Yes, if that was the way to keep it fresh wouldn't it be in the fridge in the supermarket?
FYI, it is in lots of restaurants. And after some treatment in their kitchens bread goes as absolutely brand new fresh right onto guests tables - and nobody will detect finally that it went from any fridge - 'cause it's really fresh and tasty when it's already lying on guests tables. So, correct treatment in the kitchen - that's the clue.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
FYI, it is in lots of restaurants. And after some treatment in their kitchens bread goes as absolutely brand new fresh right onto guests tables - and nobody will detect finally that it went from any fridge - 'cause it's really fresh and tasty when it's already lying on guests tables. So, correct treatment in the kitchen - that's the clue.

i hope that correct treatment doesn't involve peckard duck and mink oil....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana