Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Took the A-2 with me to the Dinard Film Festival - just right for the weather. I was wearing it out one night, and a rising Hollywood starlet stuck her fedora on my head and said 'You look just like Indiana Jones!'. I'm betting this won't happen in Arizona. *mulls choice of jacket* :D

I recall a thread here where everyone was ranting about how irritated they were being associated with Indy for wearing an A-2 jacket. :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nah, she was too cute for me to get angry, and she meant it nicely ;) And anyway, Deborah Nadoolman had an A-2 in mind as a starting point for the Indy jacket.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lost Worlds National Racer

bwHQFXah.jpg
9miEQ0Xh.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
After a sudden burst of premature winter weather - it was 24 degrees yesterday morning! - we're back to nice early fall conditions here today. Perfect for the Schott 654 I got earlier this year!

(It's a casual streetwear variation of a café racer: medium-weight cowhide, no side buckles or bi-swing back, no removable cool-weather liner, and the sleeve zips are cosmetic and don't loosen/tighten closure.)

Schott654dSMALL.jpg

casechopper

The little purple one? :D

I ride a couple of small scooters so I probably look a bit incongruous. Most people don't expect the leather jacket, knee pads, full face helmet etc... when someone's riding a scooter.

casechopper

Thanks Fanch.

ProteinNerd: I have 8 leather jackets. 2 Aero's, 1 Lost Worlds, 2 Vanson, 1 Bill Kelso, 1 Diamond Dave and 1 cheapo Pakistani jacket that was my first jacket.

kampkatz

Practically Family
Thanks Fanch.

ProteinNerd: I have 8 leather jackets. 2 Aero's, 1 Lost Worlds, 2 Vanson, 1 Bill Kelso, 1 Diamond Dave and 1 cheapo Pakistani jacket that was my first jacket.

casechopper, you've made some of us a bit jealous. Your G-1 is fabulous. Any A-2's in your collection?
BTW, I was born in Teaneck and lived in NJ until relocating to a more rural state in 1984.

That's really excellent, Case! Killer style!

This is the only jacket I'm wearing every day ever since I bought it:

I apologize for the hoodie, but I'm keeping whatever vest I'm currently wearing inside a jacket, as it's easier to put it on. It's a horribly stiff jacket.

That's really excellent, Case! Killer style!

This is the only jacket I'm wearing every day ever since I bought it:

I apologize for the hoodie, but I'm keeping whatever vest I'm currently wearing inside a jacket, as it's easier to put it on. It's a horribly stiff jacket.

I've wanted a "House" jacket for years now. At some point, I have to get one - if I got another bike, it would be an easier sell. You have any wear pics?

It's a great jacket, ButteMT61. Never been on top of any of my wish lists, but once I got it, I realized she's the one. Can't recommend this jacket enough!

I intend to post a few wear pics soon, together with a small review (and comparison) of the Model A and B.

I had to make a trip to NY to wear my Goodwear. It was nice to walk into the RRL flagship store and have the staff asking me all about my jacket :)
Swung by The Real McCoys store to see what all the fuss was about.....forget the Buco, The Steinbeck would be my winner.....

casechopper

casechopper, you've made some of us a bit jealous. Your G-1 is fabulous. Any A-2's in your collection?
BTW, I was born in Teaneck and lived in NJ until relocating to a more rural state in 1984.

I was extremely lucky to get 6 of these jackets from a fellow lounger that was thinning out his collection. He happened to live close and measure close to me so it worked out well. I would never be able to buy all of these at retail price.

I do have an A-2 style jacket. It's this Vanson:

seJtgKUh.jpg

Nice jacket Monitor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto