Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

I fear I am in danger of being satisfied with my small stable of jackets. I’ll PM guppy for help in navigating this strange terrain. LOL. In all seriousness this Stuart succeeds where all my zip front HB’s failed me. It’s a sensationally heavy hide but more than that...Something about the collar being almost like a mini crosszip...
0958D944-9890-4472-BE5D-36D9C5F8FF9B.jpeg

03DA3264-2013-4B1A-830E-305F99FDF4AB.jpeg

E74CB550-920E-49DF-8486-43AD60A7805C.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I fear I am in danger of being satisfied with my small stable of jackets. I’ll PM guppy for help in navigating this strange terrain. LOL. In all seriousness this Stuart succeeds where all my zip front HB’s failed me. It’s a sensationally heavy hide but more than that...Something about the collar being almost like a mini crosszip...
View attachment 156830
View attachment 156829
View attachment 156831
That’s it! The collar!
I knew it was something unique about it that really grabbed me. Other than everything.
Super jacket.
B

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
View attachment 156830
View attachment 156829
View attachment 156831
Ton, if you're thinking to have a break near the bus stop called "The only jacket for all purposes" - this your Stuart might be a contender for victory in that.
Сollar, back pleats, buttoned cuffs, smart chest pocket, thick grainy tea-core leather - it seems this jacket has decisive advantages to reach that goal, doesn't it?
I like how this jacket looks on you.

Gamma68

One Too Many
ItS not for everyone and I’d bet it’s based on your local cultural bias but most of the vintage inspired Japanese brands use an untucked tee to “hide” how short these jackets look with modern low rise jeans.

Here are examples from FW, FH, Fine Creek and even Schott websites.

0df0a03e8472b99e53fb7c8a084a472d.jpg

9f81dcbf469bbdc9eafc8c263a534142.jpg

6d4e4be0bc23afadb344877c0c5f692b.jpg

a701d5aa5f63aaeb87dc4a4835fa88e9.jpg

None of these are a good "look" to me. The Schott photo in particular.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here

The jackets are all too short for me but clearly a some like them that short, its great there are options out there for everyones tastes. I was just pointing out if you have a jacket that you think is a touch too short, wearing an untucked Tee is how the "professional" stylists seem to disguise the fact it sits above your belt.

Good option for a used or true vintage jacket that turns out shorter than you expected...

Gamma68

One Too Many
The jackets are all too short for me but clearly a some like them that short, its great there are options out there for everyones tastes. I was just pointing out if you have a jacket that you think is a touch too short, wearing an untucked Tee is how the "professional" stylists seem to disguise the fact it sits above your belt.

Good option for a used or true vintage jacket that turns out shorter than you expected...

Yep, agree that it could be an option. I prefer to tuck in my t-shirt but would only go untucked if I didn't plan on zipping up a short jacket at all.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Shirt sticking out the bottom of zipped up jacket is perhaps the least flattering look i can think of. I’d sooner sag my jeans 3/4 the way down my backside.
There is a function to the shortness of biker jackets, but it ain’t for everyone.

I also think that most shops have people models jackets waaaay too small. They wear them at the perfect fit for standing still for a picture, not living in.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
329403DC-9454-4154-BDD7-C9E443AD296D.jpeg
D42E468C-36CB-4CE6-990A-75E204BA3891.jpeg
A0458C50-EFB8-48C8-9315-0D5041DE5D5C.jpeg
57C3E164-B48C-4667-9EC1-D2A87230D9F6.jpeg
Greetings All:
Today....it’s a Schott something or other. I just couldn’t resist the color of this one. Reminded me of Ton’s Aged Steer CR which he sold to Ksozay which i bought from him. Funny how these jackets make the rounds. Like relatives during the Holidays. Lol
The last pic speaks to the tuck or untuck argument. Not with this jacket! Looks like toilet paper hanging out! Just saying.
Be well. Bowen

dubpynchon

One Too Many
View attachment 156860 View attachment 156861 View attachment 156862 View attachment 156863 Greetings All:
Today....it’s a Schott something or other. I just couldn’t resist the color of this one. Reminded me of Ton’s Aged Steer CR which he sold to Ksozay which i bought from him. Funny how these jackets make the rounds. Like relatives during the Holidays. Lol
The last pic speaks to the tuck or untuck argument. Not with this jacket! Looks like toilet paper hanging out! Just saying.
Be well. Bowen
Very nice. If the jackets make the rounds the boxes they ship in travel even more, especially larger sheepskin jacket boxes. I've had some boxes which were covered with addresses, you have to tape over the names and shipping labels before you can send them on. They remind me of well travelled nineteenth century steamer trunks.

Last edited:

thor

One Too Many
B9E18710-B0E0-496A-9F97-D5A76943111E.jpeg
D079DEAD-5CF4-4FE6-96BA-01BAF55630C4.jpeg
Having just bought a slightly oversized Gibson & Barnes Civil G-1 off the ‘bay at a great price, I decided to experiment and perform a little jacket surgery (a “Jacket-ectomy”? Lol).
I opened up the inner lining and inserted a lightweight Eddie Bauer goose down jacket and then sewed the whole thing back up.
The down insulation makes the jacket toasty warm and it doesn’t add too much weight or bulk; it actually makes the jacket fit much better!
And now I have a “winter” G-1!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points