1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. thor

thor One Too Many

B9E18710-B0E0-496A-9F97-D5A76943111E.jpeg D079DEAD-5CF4-4FE6-96BA-01BAF55630C4.jpeg
    Having just bought a slightly oversized Gibson & Barnes Civil G-1 off the ‘bay at a great price, I decided to experiment and perform a little jacket surgery (a “Jacket-ectomy”? Lol).
    I opened up the inner lining and inserted a lightweight Eddie Bauer goose down jacket and then sewed the whole thing back up.
    The down insulation makes the jacket toasty warm and it doesn’t add too much weight or bulk; it actually makes the jacket fit much better!
    And now I have a “winter” G-1!

2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Genius idea!!
    I have a couple fur coats coming for a similar project!
    Love it smart!
    B

thor likes this.
  3. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Blue Blue Japan

Blue Blue Japan 012.jpg

Phil Silv3rs, Boyo, Colin G and 13 others like this.
  4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Absolutely man! I always think of the button front styles as more a car coat, or that length at least. But if sized at the same length as your other jackets it really turns into something else. The Stuart reminds me of a cross between a trucker/cross zip and it’s a half belt. Checks all my boxes and even a couple I don’t even have.

5. regius

regius One Too Many

Now I have a question, is Cal the only company that has this horizontal stitch line on the left panel? What’s the purpose? Reason I ask is that on Christopher St in NYC (gay street), there’s a famous gay interest shop, the Leather Man NYC. They are a retailer of Schott & Wesco, but also has a house brand cross zip, it has open cuff, with fluffy storm lining around the cuff, shirt in the body, big lapel. Also, it has that cross stitching. They can it’s made by a woman in Ohio/Chicago I forgot, but I think it could be Cal???? $500 for one, only one left, my size.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Gift from gf. Harro - European Buco. Nicest jackets made here. This one is 1977.

On a side note, why doesn't every maker use this kind of zipper where a zipper tape at the pin is entirely encased in metal? That way there can't be any tearing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  7. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Yep, Cal Leathers made jackets for Leather Man so that might be a genuine Cal you're after. Tho it doesn't say it's Cal nowhere on the jacket. Leather Man labeled jackets were made exclusively for the, heh, scene. I'm pretty sure my Cal is actually a Leather Man jacket. I personally couldn't care less and besides, from what I learned, there's no difference between the cop issued Cal jackets and Leather Man ones as they were just using the same pattern but yeah. You can ask Cal for more details.

One or two other companies picked up that same design and are making the exact same style so it technically could be one of those. @ksozay might know more, he has like 1039 Cal jackets.

sweetfights and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  8. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Well in all fairness you could wear that shirt without any pants and nothing would be revealed, except perhaps your shins. To be clear I’m NOT suggesting you try that. LOL.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  9. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

That's your jacket. I might have said that for one other jacket you had but this one's more yours than any other so far.

Nice color! But I just gotta ask - why's the scanner taped closed?

ton312 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  10. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

F84149BD-1973-43BF-AD55-BCC42479D558.jpeg
    Ha ha!
    Cause this one....thinks it’s a toy and sits on it. The ex (Grandma) can’t figure out how to move it.
    By the way...Willow was smiling when i said “Say hi Monitor”!!
    B

El Marro, Boyo, roadking04 and 3 others like this.
  11. regius

regius One Too Many

No sh—-, thank you!!! Now I’d better rush down there to grab it!!!

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  12. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Awwww! Cuteness overdrive! It occurred to me the kid might the the cause but only after I already asked.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  13. jonesy86

jonesy86 Call Me a Cab

Yep, that's about as good as it gets!

14. Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey New in Town

Wearing my Iron Heart IHM-09 N1 Deck Jacket today. After spending the last two months in 30°C + it's comforting to wrap up warm [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Phil Silv3rs, Boyo, navetsea and 8 others like this.
  15. Mysteryo

Mysteryo Practically Family

ELC Hartmann jacket, today.
    Lambskin
    Not sure I’ll keep it any longer... don’t wear it enough.
    [​IMG]

Boyo, Fonzie, LeFonque and 12 others like this.
  16. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

LW boot camp at 4 weeks today.

[​IMG]

17. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Technically, 1033...

As far as the rest goes, I agree with Monitor. It's a Cal. They made a number of jackets for other companies, including cities for police gear.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  18. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Yeah, yeah, 56oz horsehide, can stop a bullet, we all know the drill... How about more photos of the Fine Creek? I can't be the only one who wants to see more of that jacket! Is it approaching the wear we see on the Japanese promo photos?

19. kowalski

kowalski Practically Family

thor nice g-1 and Jeep in the background, Yours? it JK true ?

20. Leither

Leither One of the Regulars

Last one in the collection . Beautiful broken in venerable Vanson Highwayman. Fits beautifully and fantastic grain. I love it. Thank you Daryl. I shall give it a good home.
    20190218_195604.jpg 20190218_195526.jpg 20190218_195536~2.jpg

patrick_b, LeFonque, Dav and 20 others like this.