What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Today, wearing a cheapo Cockpit tanker jacket (unlined). Kind of pissed; it looked like rain earlier today but has turned up clear. Would have worn something else lol. Clear days are becoming a novel commodity here in SoCal!

handymike and Monitor like this.
  2. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

This one was bought used, although it is basically brand new.. i like the fit across the shoulders and chest.. the sleeves look longer in the pictures than they feel.. I left the cuff snaps undone in the pics which when done bring the length up a bit.
    Ive been wearing it the last few days since receiving it, Ill give it some time before deciding what to do., I'll keep my eyes out for a 46 tho.

3. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

Not always and not everyone has this opportunity.

4. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

I think the 50s type jackets are sized large - I've a 43 inch chest and wear a 42 in a Highwayman, Bootlegger and Cheyenne. The cafe racer is a 44 for me. It's probably best to ask their advice - and pray :D

El Marro likes this.
  5. seres

seres A-List Customer

Call Carrie and get a FIT JACKET. Try it on, take some pics, and discuss it with Carrie. Same as a personal visit to Seattle!

6. Dphillip

Dphillip Familiar Face

We have a upcoming trip to Seattle and our schedule has time for a fitting.

El Marro, Bennarion and handymike like this.
  7. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Just arrived my new GW Ventura in Shinki HH - this jacket is amazing and much better than expected. :)

Attached Files:

Angel, 2wheelgrplr, Mysteryo and 14 others like this.
  8. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

I forgot to add these...

Attached Files:

Mysteryo, Dav, jeo and 2 others like this.
  9. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

36C7140A-A0E2-4013-9642-EC435492E276.jpeg BE7BFFE9-C826-45B8-8D13-6840C3396D37.jpeg A9E51312-5423-48FB-95F3-9E1AAD47DD1C.jpeg 9A0474AE-2AB1-4EAD-9BF6-06D261CF0B8C.jpeg Greetings All:
    Today....a nice old Vanson. Nice grained leather. Nice patina. A great backside. A pleasure to wear.
    Be well. Bowen

10. thor

thor One Too Many

54B41C0D-A81A-4657-A13D-82394CE437CD.jpeg
    Definition of a true “Grab it and go” jacket: It’s 3:30am, you have to shovel out your vehicle in freezing temperatures AND drive the unplowed roads to make it to work by 5am!
    Today, facing exactly this scenario, I grabbed my G&B Civil G-1 (with goose down liner).:D

11. Atticus Finch

Atticus Finch Call Me a Cab

My 1985, Pig-skin windbreaker from L. L. Bean. Hard to imagine, but I’ve owned this jacket for 34 years. Bought it back in the days when we country folk would see a photo of a jacket in a waxy, paper thing called a catalog...then we’d use a clunky, electric telephone...that was plugged into the wall...to order it. It’d show up, by mule train, about a week later.

I still wear this jacket warmer days when I don’t want to wear vintage military leather. Today, I’m wearing it with my Carolina Mudcats baseball cap.

392004DE-1E9F-4A2F-82AD-A6273B406DBB.jpeg

9EA0B4D9-4360-4228-8390-C45BDDD723B5.jpeg

AF

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  12. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

13. ton312

ton312

Well, I’m done with leather jackets. I’ll keep what I have but This 21oz IH j-77 denim makes for a really nice jacket. I need a blanket or pile lined version for winter. No more leather. Heaviest denim or canvas only. And maybe wool. These pics suck. I’ll get better ones. This should really be something when the creases pop.
    3532BB7C-BEB1-4246-B468-DD782C1D3AE1.jpeg A7B85ABF-B015-46EA-99E7-D4D595AD754D.jpeg 6F7A0945-3785-45CD-B8AF-58ECBAC6819A.jpeg

14. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Chicago...never be the same!

ton312 likes this.
  15. miglan30

miglan30 Familiar Face

[​IMG]

16. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sierra Sportswear Horsehide 1940s

High on my list of favorite jackets. The leather is substantial the fit is perfect, condition excellent. This is as nice as any new or old jacket I've owned. This one makes me question the point in looking. Certainly keeps me away from spending money.

This jacket has the gathered sides. I've had other jackets with this and they all fit nicely, just hug your body. I doubt anyone would make a new jacket like that today?

This jacket tends to get dry. I'm guessing it is Chrome tanned. Reminds me of Lost Worlds jackets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

Oh man im jealous. I just got the 526pj was looking at that one too. What size did you go with? I bet if you went up a size Alan at JL could do some cool blanket lining for a cool weather one. Or who knows maybe IH will do that. I thought about asking Alan to do that on one of my larger type iiis. Anyways congrats looks killer

ton312 likes this.
  18. ton312

ton312

Thanks man. It’s an XL. I think I have room to line it in the body. Not the sleeves though. I love it. I’m sold on this stuff and am kicking myself in the ass so hard for not buying the blanket lined type III @Boyo had for sale a few months ago. Just like Cher, I wish I could turn back time.

sweetfights, Boyo and Psant25 like this.
  19. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Fine Creek Virginia Beach jacket. Need to take some fit pics...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Congrats @ksozay. I am really digging the FCL jackets.

ksozay likes this.