Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
I cut my own hair in the bathroom.

Step 1: get naked

Step 2: use an electric razor and cut; get as much off the back as you can

Step 3: facing away from the vanity mirror,use your phone's camera and point the orientation, toward you, and use this view to get the back of your head by looking at the mirror.

Step 4: vacuum up hair on floor

Step 5: rinse in shower
:) :),,be brave ,,shaving foam & Gillette fusion,,no mirror needed ;-)

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I wish I could wear my LW Buco Rider today :(
upload_2019-6-27_21-23-56.png

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I cut my own hair in the bathroom.

Step 1: get naked

Step 2: use an electric razor and cut; get as much off the back as you can

Step 3: facing away from the vanity mirror,use your phone's camera and point the orientation, toward you, and use this view to get the back of your head by looking at the mirror.

Step 4: vacuum up hair on floor

Step 5: rinse in shower

I have used a clipper - no 3 - on my hair for around 15 years. I have never needed a mirror for the back - not sure how that would help. You know it is done when there is no more hair being cut.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Havent been a client of any barbershop or hairdresser for nearly a decade now.
I just bundle the long part near my front head, shave the underside side and back with cordless clipper using finger of the other hand as bumper. Brush all the longhair to the front, grip with myfist, what sticking out below my fist got cut with big kitchen shear, releasing the grip check again shuffle the hair a bit, grip again inside my fist, cut again until everything seems straight more or less.
Sprinkle talcum and brush around neck and shoulder, sweep the floor with small brush and dustpan throw in dust bin, done.
No mirror needed.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

Dbrn

One of the Regulars
Havent been a client of any barbershop or hairdresser for nearly a decade now.
I just bundle the long part near my front head, shave the underside side and back with cordless clipper using finger of the other hand as bumper. Brush all the longhair to the front, grip with myfist, what sticking out below my fist got cut with big kitchen shear, releasing the grip check again shuffle the hair a bit, grip again inside my fist, cut again until everything seems straight more or less.
Sprinkle talcum and brush around neck and shoulder, sweep the floor with small brush and dustpan throw in dust bin, done.
No mirror needed.

I think I'm starting to understand where everyone here gets the money to support their leather habit... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk