Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

thor

One Too Many
F0911703-7462-4AF5-9B4E-F7B5B4AA09EF.jpeg
35A43BCE-58E8-4CC1-80A9-D195C07862FC.jpeg
578C7FD5-23FC-457F-AA21-DF66CF3FC1FF.jpeg

After days of a blistering heat wave (that killed 6 people on the East Coast!), NYC got blasted by thunder, lightning and torrential rain! Crazy cloud formations and an eerie, foreboding light just before the thunderstorms hit. I wore my G-1 “just in case” and I’m glad I did! The goatskin is very water resistant; just turn up the fur collar and the rain is no problemo!;)

View attachment 177766 View attachment 177765 View attachment 177764
After days of a blistering heat wave (that killed 6 people on the East Coast!), NYC got blasted by thunder, lightning and torrential rain! Crazy cloud formations and an eerie, foreboding light just before the thunderstorms hit. I wore my G-1 “just in case” and I’m glad I did! The goatskin is very water resistant; just turn up the fur collar and the rain is no problemo!;)

I honestly can't imagine I'd rather be doing anything else in life than what you're doing. Sights like these alone make life worth living.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Such an atmospheric shot. I can feel the freshness and promise of a new day and the excitement of the big city (New York is a very exciting and iconic place to Aussies at least of my generation) in that photo.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
rnqbPf0.jpg

black cowhide, since a new sturdy tripod just arrived to replace my wobbly selfie stick + tripod thing i finally broke last week, i thought using it fully extended on top of low table would be a good idea.... i was wrong, lol, what a horrible lighting:D
Cool and unique jacket as usual!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Such an atmospheric shot. I can feel the freshness and promise of a new day and the excitement of the big city (New York is a very exciting and iconic place to Aussies at least of my generation) in that photo.

Absolutely right, Benny. New York is a mythical, special place to many Aussies and Thor's amazing photos always bring that magic back to me.

Leither

One of the Regulars
Feeling Yeatsian while wearing an old 90s Schott 125. At least this jacket won't fall apart. The centre's holding up well. Fine stitching.

The Second Coming
BY WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points