Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Aero 1930s half belt
Seal vicenza
Too dark this morning for a pic
50 degrees
Wife: “are you happy now, it’s jacket weather?”
Me: “I don’t know you mean.”
Dramatically throws on jacket

Hahahaha, so relatable!

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
af8926f36e132a08d264f549aa3768a8.jpg

Finally it’s Schott peacoat weather here. Been looking forward to wearing this. One of the best purchases I’ve made. Got it cheap, it’s warm, comfortable and stylish.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Diamond Dave J100

0480FBF9-C0E8-4A14-976A-A50314747437.jpeg
809E73C5-B006-4822-A2DC-1961AF876A63.jpeg
F5DDF1CB-77ED-4C1D-A49A-6206B679120E.jpeg

I asked DD to make this in seal Goat and delete the sleeve zips.. A little less full on biker... which I ain’t.

As a side note It’s been reported that Diamond Dave has shut down Jacket making.. I have only this one but my experience was positive. I got what I wanted and it fit on the first try

Gamma68

One Too Many
Yes, we are firmly in leather jacket weather now in the upper Midwest.

Wore my Schott 626 to a concert last night. Lousy lighting, but the jacket is brown cowhide. Got a compliment on it from the woman screening people at entrance for weapons, etc. Brown seems to attract more attention than black in a cross-zip Perfecto style.

Surprisingly, the metal buckle, zips, snaps etc. didn't set off the detector when I entered the concert venue. Does brass hardware go undetected?

IMG_6472.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like @ton312 i have successfully repaired the same think using two part epoxy.
Apply a little, press the part on and use a clamp to hold it on for the first hour, don't use too much or when you squeeze it will go everywhere. The one i repaired has been used and can be snapped on and off and it holds.
Thanks sir!

My curiosity is the mechanism of attachment. the hollow pole seems intact, which means it wasn't "smashed" (deformed) to secure the nipple cap, so I wonder how the glue is going to hold? maybe apply the glue to the leather base around the pole?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks sir!

My curiosity is the mechanism of attachment. the hollow pole seems intact, which means it wasn't "smashed" (deformed) to secure the nipple cap, so I wonder how the glue is going to hold? maybe apply the glue to the leather base around the pole?

Personally i wouldn't use glue, it has low shearing strength when used between hard surfaces.
I used a quick set epoxy, the ones that come in a dual syringe. I also roughed out all the surfaces of the hollow pole with a strip of sandpaper so the epoxy had something to grab onto. I tried to not put epoxy on the leather, i only put some in the center of the the bit that had fallen off, and held it in place for an hour.
Mine looked just like yours and it held.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Personally i wouldn't use glue, it has low shearing strength when used between hard surfaces.
I used a quick set epoxy, the ones that come in a dual syringe. I also roughed out all the surfaces of the hollow pole with a strip of sandpaper so the epoxy had something to grab onto. I tried to not put epoxy on the leather, i only put some in the center of the the bit that had fallen off, and held it in place for an hour.
Mine looked just like yours and it held.
John Chapman also mentioned epoxy. I'll have to pay the Autozone a visit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner