Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
IMG_6164 (U).jpg IMG_6195(U).jpg

Office required a bit more of a formal wear these few days but I could still do it with a racer.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
2014-06-18 16.42.47.jpg
Mulligan today and Maxwell yesterday. Both double as sports coats with dress shirt and tie. They are both based on essentially the same patterns, although the goatskin Maxwell has a far superior drape over the Jerky MWHH Mulligan. I particularly like the large patch pockets on the Mulligan.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Wearing the Ventura. Looks some shots of the leather (Shinki) to show (try) how it's wearing...clicks if you want to make 'em bigger.

View attachment 43091 View attachment 43092 View attachment 43093 View attachment 43094 View attachment 43095 View attachment 43096
that small leather panel along the main zip inside or sometime along the hem always evolves best, grain pops out, cool creases and all compared to the rest of the hide,
one of these days I want to wear my jacket inside out to break them in better :)

that small leather panel along the main zip inside or sometime along the hem always evolves best, grain pops out, cool creases and all compared to the rest of the hide,
one of these days I want to wear my jacket inside out to break them in better :)
Those inside panels are a bit of a thinner hide which is great as it keeps the overall thickness/weight of the jacket down.
Every time I look for another jacket (that I can't afford) i look at this one and think it's almost perfect.
I really want something made by GW in a "G-1" range of styles with the mouton collar and goat. Once I get one of those, I think I'm done. Unless I get some new revenue stream in my life, I'm just focusing on breaking what I own now and making it mine. I just wish that my son were my size so I could give these to him when I'm on my way out...

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The cuffs seal up nicely to block wind/rain. The have a velcro closure which, though convenient, isn't as nice as the older models that used a button closure (just my opinion on that). These are marketed towards bicycle commuters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner