Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
View attachment 144878 View attachment 144879 Greetings All:
Today....i wore this. It was the first leather repo of a US field jacket i ever saw and i had to have it. Think it was @ 15 years ago.
Cooper M65 repo in brown goatskin. Pretty heavy and very warm and of course comfy as are all field jackets.
Be well. Bowen
Great looking jackets, it is really you.

Reactions: A-1

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
Where I live in Melbourne, leather is generally inadequate against the cold (when it is 10 degrees and lower) or too hot - any day over 18 degrees. This is probably why I only ever get about 6 weeks of leather wear in any given year.

Today I'm wearing a Baracuta G4.
Yesterday I wore leather, fine in the morning by midday was sweltering. I could have taken of but persevered. You never know with Melbourne weather.

ronbo

Familiar Face
Simple idea, post pics of the jacket you are wearing today, hence 'What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?'
This thread may have legs, it may fizzle, either way I am sitting here waiting for my wife & loving my Aero Goat modified half belt.
Have fun people!
Brought out the Buzz Rickson B-15C this morning for a drive. Finally getting cool enough here. Cheers -Ron
standard.jpg
standard.jpg

thor

Call Me a Cab
@ronbo that is a great jacket! I didn’t know that Buzz Rickson ever made the B-15C in a size 48. What age is that jacket?
I have the B-15C in a size 44 and it’s a tad snug (finding one in a size 48 would be the bee’s knees!).

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 144878 View attachment 144879 Greetings All:
Today....i wore this. It was the first leather repo of a US field jacket i ever saw and i had to have it. Think it was @ 15 years ago.
Cooper M65 repo in brown goatskin. Pretty heavy and very warm and of course comfy as are all field jackets.
Be well. Bowen

I remember those being available in the late 1980's - there were ads for them in magazines down here. I really wanted one but before the internet there was no reliable way for me to get one of these in my size.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oups... Posted too quickly.

I took it on a ride today for a couple of hours. While it's not designed for the hunched forward position of modern sport touring bikes. The back being too short.

It still performed admirably, I was comfortable wearing only a t-shirt at around 5°C. Even at high speed in the highway. It really keeps you warm!

Need to find a motorbike suitable for it and not the other way around :D

willyto

One Too Many
Oups... Posted too quickly.

I took it on a ride today for a couple of hours. While it's not designed for the hunched forward position of modern sport touring bikes. The back being too short.

It still performed admirably, I was comfortable wearing only a t-shirt at around 5°C. Even at high speed in the highway. It really keeps you warm!

Need to find a motorbike suitable for it and not the other way around :D
Or find higher rise denim or leather trousers to go with it :D Cheaper!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
You bring up an interesting point. I found my Vanson model B well suited to lower bars and rearset controls but only decent for upright cruiser riding. This was because it fell below my pant line when seated straight up and lacked a two way zipper. This coulled with the stiff leather caused some chest balooning. I’m thinking the shorter Model C2 i have now, cut similar to your LW will fix this. Basically i had exactly the opposite issue.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seeing this jacket makes me wish i was 30 years younger cause i woulda wore the hell outta it!!

That is exactly what I thought when I first saw Hh's photo . . . oh, to be young again. However, upon reconsideration, even when I was in college, I did not have the moxie to wear a jacket that bold. Kudos to Hh for his intrepid individualism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR