Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
CCCAF7E9-67E5-45C8-9624-67742C4135C4.jpeg
09DA8EA3-62B2-43F0-B90C-D5265090EB74.jpeg
3C3EF8DA-24C6-4D75-B55A-32CE92D10222.jpeg
Greetings all:
Today...it’s about 50 deg so i thought i’d give this old warhorse another go.
I know many would shun even recognizing it’s existence but....if a jacket ever could tell stories, i bet this old boy would get a few drinks bought and be the last one outta the bar.
Schott and the hat to match.
Be well. Bowen

ronbo

Familiar Face
@ronbo that is a great jacket! I didn’t know that Buzz Rickson ever made the B-15C in a size 48. What age is that jacket?
I have the B-15C in a size 44 and it’s a tad snug (finding one in a size 48 would be the bee’s knees!).
Thanks :) . I bought this one back around 2000 or maybe a little later. Every year that goes by I realize even more how lucky I was lol. Cheers Ron

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Or find higher rise denim or leather trousers to go with it :D Cheaper!

I am wearing IH. I would need some significant high rise to make it work. Which brands do you recommend? :)

You bring up an interesting point. I found my Vanson model B well suited to lower bars and rearset controls but only decent for upright cruiser riding. This was because it fell below my pant line when seated straight up and lacked a two way zipper. This coulled with the stiff leather caused some chest balooning. I’m thinking the shorter Model C2 i have now, cut similar to your LW will fix this. Basically i had exactly the opposite issue.

I was wondering if a jacket suited for my bike would work on a leaning back position. Thanks for sharing!
Different bikes, different jackets, it does not get any better than that! :D

Wow...just Wow red devil!!
Seeing this jacket makes me wish i was 30 years younger cause i woulda wore the hell outta it!!
Hell on wheels man!!
B

Pretty sure you would look great in it now as well!

That is exactly what I thought when I first saw Hh's photo . . . oh, to be young again. However, upon reconsideration, even when I was in college, I did not have the moxie to wear a jacket that bold. Kudos to Hh for his intrepid individualism.

I think that I said it before but I really believe you could pull off a cross zip @Superfluous

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not Lost Worlds! You don't crease the jacket, the jacket straightens your arm! I'll be wearing my Dreadnought LW j23 today. Eastman watch cap, Levi's 517 Black, Chuck Taylors olive drab green
View attachment 145031
View attachment 145032

Awesome man! Ya know they ought to make a bunch of jokes about LW jackets similar to Chuck Norris jokes. Like, Chuck Norris is so tough, he sheds his skin twice a year, and each time a new LW jacket appears from under the old layer. Or, time waits for no man, unless you're wearing a LW jacket. Then it waits out of respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass