Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not Lost Worlds! You don't crease the jacket, the jacket straightens your arm! I'll be wearing my Dreadnought LW j23 today. Eastman watch cap, Levi's 517 Black, Chuck Taylors olive drab green
View attachment 145031
View attachment 145032

If Bruce Banner were wearing that, I don’t think even the hulk could rip his way out of that beast!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not Lost Worlds! You don't crease the jacket, the jacket straightens your arm! I'll be wearing my Dreadnought LW j23 today. Eastman watch cap, Levi's 517 Black, Chuck Taylors olive drab green
View attachment 145031
View attachment 145032

This is it, no need to say more.

Edit: when you are riding in a LW jacket, it's the road that is afraid of you spilling over

Gamma68

One Too Many
Vanson model b, the old competition weight cowhide is aging beautifully
86a25cb3fc46351959f25a82eee3be03.jpg
Wow, what a great looking jacket!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Sure, you’re not 18, you can’t work out 8 hours a day. Take a cool down lap in the Vanson.
That makes me wonder, is there a phenomenon where the anerobic effort required to break in the sleeves in a LW causes one’s arms to grow and no longer fit said sleeves? Does a 1st time LW owner need to size up in bicep diameter to account for this?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I often wondered about this brand! They pop up rarely on eBay. Made in Wisconsin or Minnesota? I can't recall but they always look nice!

The WB is from Hartford Wisconsin. They had a bit more design than some of the other Deerskin makers. Some of their older jackets are very collectible.

Sure, you’re not 18, you can’t work out 8 hours a day. Take a cool down lap in the Vanson.
That makes me wonder, is there a phenomenon where the anerobic effort required to break in the sleeves in a LW causes one’s arms to grow and no longer fit said sleeves? Does a 1st time LW owner need to size up in bicep diameter to account for this?
Actually there's more truth to that than you might expect. It's seldom discussed around here but the truth is, upon placing an order for the dreadnought 4oz plus hide, Stuart administers a variety of grueling physical and mental tests to potential customers. Fearing a man bun wearing, metrosexual might slip past, he revised the tests (with much more grueling standards) I believe around 2003.
The original tests can still be taken tho. It's now called the entrance exam for the United States Navy Seals program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran