Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
But, my new fave is this old, beaten, Schott A2 jacket I bought for $50. Not the most flattering jacket I own, but I fell in love with it the moment I saw it:) Im hoping to find the fur collar and liner for it.
tcJ2hFw.jpg

I got one of these with the fur collar and fleece lining. Great value for the money you can grab these on ebay.

From EBay, a “new” Lost Worlds Suburban Jacket Size 48, chrome tanned HH.
My first taste of a LW. The measurements of the jacket should be on point for me (25.5 p2p and 21 shoulders) but this jacket fits me huge, And I can’t figure out why?...the sleeves and sleeve opening are way big also. I really like it though and I’m gonna keep it.
Anyone know if a hot water treatment will tighten up chrome tanned leather? If yes, Me and this jacket will be showering together soon.

View attachment 153908 View attachment 153909 View attachment 153910

The leather is really interesting with these grainy lines through out ( back panel)

View attachment 153911
Reminds me of how my 48” Ryder fit. Inspire of the numbers being right down to spec. This fits you better than mine fit me though. Maybe even just a bit trimmed out of the sleeve diameter would go a long way.

Quick selfies, then I gave it an Obenauf's run down. To be honest I can't stand the temporary greasiness/bee smell, but it's for the greater good.

View attachment 153993

View attachment 153994

View attachment 153995

Post-conditioner:
View attachment 153996

Mid-weight steer...Late 50s/early 60s?? Missing the breast zip puller, not in the greatest shape nor is the model wearing it. But I like that back.
You wear this classic half belt style so well man and this fits perfectly! I love those herc HB’s. Great score!

Raven2k360

New in Town
Last few days it's been colder than the 9th circle of hell here (today was actually warmer though), so I've been wearing my Excelled B3 -- JESUS, that thing is WARM!

Reactions: Dav

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
As12qxI.jpg

Same jacket same pants, already washed the jeans after a month. All the pale vegtan stuff are somewhat browning too from some deliberate tanning under the sun and sometime light drizzle when i m not quick enough to collect them.

That's a really cool photo - I think the best shot I've seen. The jacket is really settling in and draping nicely.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Seb, this leather is more drapey than my others. Although it is just a middle of the road corrected grain soft cowhide, maybe since i put my huge wallet and mobile phone on each patch pocket it helps to settle it faster too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24