Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Simmons Bilt J100 for today's 18C out and 33C run home. Getting too warm at any traffic lights
Rode home all the way with the 2 way RIRI zipper opened from the top and the bottom with the sleeve zippers open for draught. 80 Km/H most of the way thankfully. Rode to the very front , "lane splitting" at every red stop.
The black goathide was just too warm, and it is "much cooler" than my entire Schott collection
Should have been either the vented Vanson Sturgis OR the perforated Vanson Comet. You "live and learn" haha...

Simmons Bilt J100 January 2nd 2021.jpg

View attachment 297180 View attachment 297181 View attachment 297182
Currently wearing this Bill Kelso Duke in Victory Horsehide that I snagged on ebay a few months ago. Very nice jacket, but I'm glad I got this for ~$500, and not the eye-watering 1850 pounds ($2530) it goes for on their site. These pictures were taken in October, and some nice patina has developed on the collar and underarms since then. I'll have to take some more pictures when I have access to better lighting and a camera assistant.
What a cool looking jacket! When I saw that collar, I knew it was a Kelso. Great pick-up at that price.

I'm embarrassed to post this up after a few recent photos but since I already went thru the trouble...
Levi's denim jacket with replaced leather sleeves, 501's and harness boots.

20210102-151601.jpg

Went for a walk through the dunes wearing my RL Purple Label shearling coat.
View attachment 297274 View attachment 297276

Really awesome, man! If someone'd ask me, I'd say this would be overdressed for countryside but it actually works perfectly with the scenery.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Really awesome, man! If someone'd ask me, I'd say this would be overdressed for countryside but it actually works perfectly with the scenery.
It was quite crowded today, lots of people going for a walk through the dunes. Without exemption they all wore unisex Gore-tex jackets, sweatpants and trainers. People also brought their Nordic Walking sticks (is that a thing in the US as well?)

I'd rather go overdressed :) Although personally I don't think I'm overdressing. If a walk through the dunes on a cold winters day is not a suitable occasion to wear a shearling coat and countrygrain boots, what is?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Marc. If I had to change anything in the ensemble it would be footwear - maybe some Vibergs or similar. Anyway, I am in Poland now and everyone is using these nordic walking sticks. Not a thing in the US, at least not in the metro NYC area. When I am in Poland cross-country biking is my thing - I have to mind the nordic walkers because forest paths are shared. I am good though - I always slow down, signal, and thank the walkers when they make room...:). No leather jacket on a mountain bike, though..;)

P1060840crop.JPG

Last edited:
I just can’t seem to not wear this one. It strikes the right cord for me. In two weeks I should have something blue to give it a run for it’s money in terms of wear. For whatever reason, the honeymoon period is strong with this one. Off to Target in the Starcaidia and Hutch.
9D231F11-8749-4B8D-A205-5BBA0E9CF283.jpeg

1DBC5F8C-30CA-46C6-A159-0150C36FA0B6.jpeg

I also want this sweater^^! Bad!

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
Went for a walk through the dunes wearing my RL Purple Label shearling coat.
View attachment 297274 View attachment 297276
Shearling looks amazing. There’s a reason Ralph’s the master. Been looking for a shearling ranch coat myself but haven’t come across one I like yet. Nomanwalksalone had one from TS(S) - a Japanese brand - a few seasons ago that I love but It’s long sold out. Plus shearlings wouldn’t get much use in the south, but damn do they look boss.

It was quite crowded today, lots of people going for a walk through the dunes. Without exemption they all wore unisex Gore-tex jackets, sweatpants and trainers. People also brought their Nordic Walking sticks (is that a thing in the US as well?)

I'd rather go overdressed :) Although personally I don't think I'm overdressing. If a walk through the dunes on a cold winters day is not a suitable occasion to wear a shearling coat and countrygrain boots, what is?

Shearling coat, sure but you could easily go to a fancy dinner in those kicks. That coat is majestic, though.

Cornelius

Practically Family

The Nordic Walking Sticks are definitely not a thing here in the US. I've only witnessed their use only in the EU & South Korea, quite bizarre to me as on each occasion the terrain did not seem to call for such equipment whatsoever. I've climbed Kilimanjaro & no one used them there, LOL. Carried a Maasai fimbo instead.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Nordic Walking Sticks are definitely not a thing here in the US. I've only witnessed their use only in the EU & South Korea, quite bizarre to me as on each occasion the terrain did not seem to call for such equipment whatsoever. I've climbed Kilimanjaro & no one used them there, LOL. Carried a Maasai fimbo instead.

In Austria sticks are often used in the mountains. Ok, mostly they are not classic Nordikwalking sticks, but light, stable sticks that are also used for trail running. I'm much faster uphill and downhill with sticks than without.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch