Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Looks like I have a teamster meeting to get to:D View attachment 310494

STRIIIIIKE!

teamsters1934mnhs.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
No problem, I really like the jackets you come up with. This jacket is great and look forward to your next FL and other future projects. I think since you figured out what you want and how you want it to wear it definitely helps how the end product looks like. I must commend you on remembering what jackets people have and the ones they have coming in. I feel like I can only remember a couple and forget the rest. I’m eagerly waiting for my other Himel to come in and wearing my Canuck as much as I can. I probably won’t be adding any jackets for while just so I can give the new ones some real wear. But eventually I would like to add another jacket or two of which one of them needs to be a black just to diversify the collection. The ball and chain was 100% the right call for this one and I generally prefer it to diamond pull (especially for a chest zip)

Thank you kindly! My next jacket will be a pretty stick to the pattern j24 d pocket, I do have a JL jacket in the works and that will be a French cyclist/German flyer style i.e. Eastman Luftwaffe. I do think I figured out what I want to wear but those change a lot so i just go for designs I know I can wear down the road and will still be a classic. I try to remember but it's one of those when your curiosity is piqued that the thought just remains a thing lol

I think you will like owning and wearing a black jacket. It's easier to style and depending on the jacket design it's wearable anytime/anywhere. It's nice, I love brown shades too but I feel black looks better on me.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Glad to see this one again, I liked it when I first saw it. Great fit!

I still think this is the best 5* I've seen so far. The leather looks substantial and both design and fit are great.

Fantastic jacket and fit!

Thanks guys! Fivestar can be challenging to get the right fit with. I think it definitely helped that I had a denim version of this jacket to base my order on.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Very, very nice!

I love how Greg manages to develop a "FL signature look" in all his jackets, despite their inherent differences. This is one of his masterpieces!
Since it has been mentioned: I like the ball-and-chain-zipper. It does draw the eyes to it a bit, but I feel a little but of "artistic unbalancing" just makes the jacket more interesting.

Note to myself: I do NOT (notnot) need a third FL jacket...!!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
First proper outing for my Fivestar today (wearing it under a coat doesn’t count imo) as it’s only -2C now. Loving this warmer weather!
It kind of works with this sweater, but too tight to button it.

View attachment 310483

Great ! You know, this is the first 5Star that I unqualifiedly like!

I always have a strange feeling when fellow loungers turn to them because they can produce a budget copy of some grail jacket. I am in no position to judge on motives here, but for me this is not quite the right approach. This jacket her is just one of the nicest trucker variants I have ever seen.

powerserge

One of the Regulars
Thank you kindly! My next jacket will be a pretty stick to the pattern j24 d pocket, I do have a JL jacket in the works and that will be a French cyclist/German flyer style i.e. Eastman Luftwaffe. I do think I figured out what I want to wear but those change a lot so i just go for designs I know I can wear down the road and will still be a classic. I try to remember but it's one of those when your curiosity is piqued that the thought just remains a thing lol

I think you will like owning and wearing a black jacket. It's easier to style and depending on the jacket design it's wearable anytime/anywhere. It's nice, I love brown shades too but I feel black looks better on me.
I very interested to see how Greg interprets the j24 and how his style will look on the classic jacket.
The luftwaffe is a nice style, I do like the Hartman from Eastman. Will you be including the buckle that they usually include?
It’s always the safe bet to go with a simple and clean design as it hasn’t gone out of style up to this point and probably won’t. But I think it’s a good idea to have at least one “crazy” jacket, that’s a little outside of the norm.
I actually used to be really in black clothing but as I moved towards heritage style clothing I pretty much only wear browns for the most part.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Great ! You know, this is the first 5Star that I unqualifiedly like!

I always have a strange feeling when fellow loungers turn to them because they can produce a budget copy of some grail jacket. I am in no position to judge on motives here, but for me this is not quite the right approach. This jacket her is just one of the nicest trucker variants I have ever seen.

Thanks, Tom! That’s high praise considering you have an impressive collection of awesome fitting jackets. I’d been looking for quite a while for a leather trucker based on the Wrangler design, without any luck. Seems like no one is doing it. Lee Trevor did one but the only one I’ve seen was the one that Terry had. So when fivestar popped up as a custom option I wanted to give it a try.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Levis Buffalo Trucker. I took some sand paper to some of the edges to help speed along the break in. Glad I did because it gave me hope the leather will evolve. I was worried it was a little too much glossy top coat that was going to be dyed through, but underneath it's this subdued blueish/greyish black. I also gave it about 5 washes in the laundry and extreme dryer for several hours and got it to shrink a lot. Looking back I needed a medium instead of a large, but in some ways it's good I did it this way as I'm presuming I "thickened" up the leather some by making it denser with all the shrinking. If I had to guess, I think I reduced it at least 15%.

wsLXo66.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
First proper outing for my Fivestar today (wearing it under a coat doesn’t count imo) as it’s only -2C now. Loving this warmer weather!
It kind of works with this sweater, but too tight to button it.

View attachment 310483

That looks so cool! I think you made the correct decision with all of that! Perfect fit

A Biker jacket sounds like a perfect match for a Valentine’s evening... What do you think?
Boots: SAINT LAURENT Wyatt
View attachment 310493

Looking good! Great outfit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko