Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

hoipac

Familiar Face
Mister freedom mattock. Favorite non leather jacket.
F504C0C6-4B1D-42A9-80C7-CFE91679F334.jpeg

dlite90

Familiar Face
Schott 530 cowhide. Found a deal on EBay last week and thought I’d give it a shot (no pun intended).
I wasn’t a fan of cafe racers then I realized they’d be good under a wool overcoat cause they don’t have a big collar. This is my first Schott.

Attachments

• FD4F5F8D-E7FF-4969-89BF-10CB343A82A0.jpeg
    FD4F5F8D-E7FF-4969-89BF-10CB343A82A0.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 510

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Just arrived this Morning: Vintage BRIMACO Cafe Racer in very good condition and with original Lightning hardware and original lining. I got lucky on sizing as the seller didn't provide me with any measurements - just the size. Light conditions were not perfect this morning.

upload_2021-3-2_9-24-15.png

Riu

Practically Family
Just arrived this Morning: Vintage BRIMACO Cafe Racer in very good condition and with original Lightning hardware and original lining. I got lucky on sizing as the seller didn't provide me with any measurements - just the size. Light conditions were not perfect this morning.

View attachment 314586

Wish I was that lucky with my online purchases knowing only the size. Looks great!

oh so, double way main zip is an authentic feature, why do heritage jacket makers tend to see it as a rule breaker for the era?

Most don't really have a clue about it. Canadian leather makers have been using the feature since forever. I've seen a lot of random 70's jackets with double main zipper in Canada but it often gets disregarded as something "modern" elsewhere.
I don't like it, myself but it's not something that ought to be avoided.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Most don't really have a clue about it. Canadian leather makers have been using the feature since forever. I've seen a lot of random 70's jackets with double main zipper in Canada but it often gets disregarded as something "modern" elsewhere.
I don't like it, myself but it's not something that ought to be avoided.

What’s not to like about it? On longer jackets they are great to allow you to move in them easier. I have it on a vintage jacket from the 50’s so they’ve been around for quite a while.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Perfect length and fit. I'm liking these lengths these days as it's easier to wear your shirt untucked! Great pick up

I love the Gene Simmons collar tab on these Brimaco jackets!
Great pick-up @Robbie79.

@Jin431 @handymike Thanks guys for your positive feedback. I'm so glad that it fits so well (it was a gamble as I only knew height and weight of the seller - he's taller and heavier) and as the zippers perfectly work and lining is in very good condition (there is one stain on the jacket but that's OK for me). I also prefer slightly longer jackets sometimes as I often prefer to wear shirts untucked and wearing rather short jackets like the Vanek makes it sometimes difficult to use it as a grab-n-go jacket. I'm 100% sure that this will be a keeper for years.

mmmargeologist

New in Town
6015191A-9C32-4C05-BD42-2B62D30B66D4.jpeg

Lemaire Lambskin Blouson. Based on a leather from the 1974 Wim Wenders film “Alice in the Cities”. (A film i have not seen lol). Leather is very soft, really a well made jacket from a fashion house. Love Lemaires subtle, austere interpretation of 70s wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko