Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
@Psant25

Cal came in. Great jacket. Here are the numbers for a marked 44:

P2P: 24”

S2S:19.5”

Sleeve (straight from shoulder hem): 26”

Back from bottom of collar: 23”

It does look as if it fits longer. And definitely wears longer than my vintage jackets, except the Cals. There is a 2” front drop. My older Cals do not have it, at least visually bc of the little beaver tail. I’ll have to really check that. It does have a nice taper. Not extreme like some of the older Cals, but it’s there, like most every Cal. Perfect for riding. Great movement. Shoulder Gs do their thing.

Cowhide is pliable, soft yet thick. Very thick actually. Not really heavy though. I was anticipating more heft, not the case. I guess it’s a typical heavier than most but not Godzilla MC jacket. I really like it. Mostly because of how I know it will perform on the bike.

Ask questions por favor, if you need more data. Anyways, it’s in storage now as I am heading on a little trip. Some pictures::

View attachment 316541 View attachment 316542 View attachment 316543 View attachment 316544

EDIT: I was at storage to pick something up and took the opportunity to weigh the jacket. It’s over 7 lbs. I guess my curls having been paying off. Doesn’t feel that heavy.
Kik ass pattern. I anticipated that 23" back, did you take a fit pic?

Motocann

One Too Many
Really cool jacket. I don't think I've seen wool constructed into a type-3'ish trucker. I have an Iron Heart melton wool shirt jacket I bought back when I lived in Ohio and that thing is warm as heck. I don't think I've worn it since I moved to CA tbh.
Iron Heart is the best, hands down! They have a suede Trucker jacket I’ve been eye balling for months. Just trying to justify dropping the funds down on yet another jacket!

Motocann

One Too Many
Hell yeah! Love that jacket. I have 3 long haul jackets myself (posted it here yesterday). The cone mills denim jacket was actually made in America as well but yeah the majority of their stuff isn't made in the USA anymore.
I think the quality control suffers when made overseas. Especially in consistent sizing and fit.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
It is a stunning jacket. It had not been worn to my estimation. Wearing it brings it back to life something I could not do. I'm sure it will find a happy home. Thanks for the Fit Pics!

This is my favorite.

8CT9ipR.jpg

Thanks for letting me try it out! Was really cool.

Dude, you sure need to get another same style cross zip jacket in a smaller size.
Suits you very well.
HD

Yeah I do really like this style. My Field Leathers jacket will be somewhat similar, though this exact jacket in a smaller size would be great.

That hat is badass! Details?
Thanks

Thanks! It was originally made by Buckaroo Hatters in Tennessee and is 100% beaver. Originally, it was a 4.5" brim with a telescope crown and size 7 1/2". I have a long oval shaped head and I didn't wear the hat much, so I had Cody from Wellema hats change up the brim width, the bash, and the ribbon. He also reshaped it a bit so it would fit my head better. I'm really happy with the results.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Every time I buy a new jacket my wife just laughs and shakes her head!

Yeah most she just doesn't think it would look right on me. Having never even been on a motorcycle I'd constantly feel like I'm cosplaying a biker wearing the jacket so I tend to agree with her.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I will. It’s in storage right now. My life is in a state of flux, in a positive way.

It’s a short jacket fo sho, but I can say that it fits an inch, inch and a half longer than it’s 23” back length. I like it. Car coat MC jackets ain’t my thing.
I dont care for long mc jackets either. I just know from wearing my chp with a 24.5 back l assume 23 would feel to short (on me) but idk you say it fits like its longer, I believe you. I just have to see how I feel in one, 1 day.

I dont care for long mc jackets either. I just know from wearing my chp with a 24.5 back l assume 23 would feel to short (on me) but idk you say it fits like its longer, I believe you. I just have to see how I feel in one, 1 day.

I recall you being a couple/few inches taller than me too. It would probably be too short for you. My childhood loss to gravity has at least paid off with being able to wear jackets with shorter lengths.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider