Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Fwiw, I’m same height as you and a little lighter. I wear size 40 in Aeros 50’s pattern and they are mostly P2P 23.5” to 24.25”. I think that’s just how those jackets are cut especially with the low armholes. But they taper down to 20” hem. These superman shaped jackets looks good from the back but low arm holes isn’t the best when it comes to moving, gracefully.
yeah, I have a love hate relationship with Aero. I love the CXL, but like a few of us have mentioned, the patterns aren't always the best. My Sheene is probably the tightest fitting, I think 22.5 ptp and 18 shoulder, but it just feels weird being worn. Love how it's evolved color wise, but man I really think about it every time I grab it to wear. And it's one of those things where I don't think if it were the next size up it would make a difference. Just isn't quite right.

My cafe racer fits great and is essentially same size, but has shoulder gussets which I think really changes everything for the better.

That Ridley has been on my wish list for a while. Being Vicenza, I thought I could probably get away on the smaller side since the leather will be a little more stretchy. I've seen some 42s being worn that look good fit wise, pretty much how I'd wear it. But this 44 doesn't look too far off, maybe a little big up top but not too bad. Especially at a great price. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the next one.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
yeah, I have a love hate relationship with Aero. I love the CXL, but like a few of us have mentioned, the patterns aren't always the best. My Sheene is probably the tightest fitting, I think 22.5 ptp and 18 shoulder, but it just feels weird being worn. Love how it's evolved color wise, but man I really think about it every time I grab it to wear. And it's one of those things where I don't think if it were the next size up it would make a difference. Just isn't quite right.

My cafe racer fits great and is essentially same size, but has shoulder gussets which I think really changes everything for the better.

That Ridley has been on my wish list for a while. Being Vicenza, I thought I could probably get away on the smaller side since the leather will be a little more stretchy. I've seen some 42s being worn that look good fit wise, pretty much how I'd wear it. But this 44 doesn't look too far off, maybe a little big up top but not too bad. Especially at a great price. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the next one.
I had a similar experience with my Aero cafe racer. It was the same size as your Sheen. I fought with it for more than two years and just recently threw in the towel. I believe in that pattern if I had one size up it would work. But it wouldn’t change the fact that it has lower armholes which isn’t a favourite here.
One thing about Vicenza is they do not stretch! At least not in my experience. Not hard like cold CXL but definitely no stretch.
I also had my eye on that Ridley in size 44. But I think the hem without belt is close to 22” which doesn’t work for me. It was a beautiful jacket though.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
RMC Cooper Jacket:
Ot5fnaI.jpg

xt6ARyk.jpg

Really Really Fantastic!! Suits you to a Tee there! :)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Brown cow, came back from vaccined.
Was a mess, waiting standing 4 hrs in crowded small parking lot, queing order messed up people came much later served before my turn , i joked to myself.... either way i will get immunity after this event either from vaccine of from covid in the process.
Screenshot_20210525-144514_Gallery.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
When I am over in Poland visiting family, Vanek is my only leather jacket I keep over there, so I guess I will bore you guys to death with it. I like it - a no-nonsense Austrian motorcycle cop jacket, perfect for this cool May weather - 17C seemingly every day, some rain, some sunshine. The leather is smooth, but that is the nature of the beast for this one. The jacket is certainly not a lightweight at about 5 lbs. A great grab-and-go.

P1070306.JPG

P1070312.JPG

P1070316.JPG

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
When I am over in Poland visiting family, Vanek is my only leather jacket I keep over there, so I guess I will bore you guys to death with it. I like it - a no-nonsense Austrian motorcycle cop jacket, perfect for this cool May weather - 17C seemingly every day, some rain, some sunshine. The leather is smooth, but that is the nature of the beast for this one. The jacket is certainly not a lightweight at about 5 lbs. A great grab-and-go.

View attachment 337181

View attachment 337182

View attachment 337183

Nice looking jacket, pockets, zippers, nice fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch