Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hh121

Banned
The only drawback of Tumble CXL is the hide looks dull compare to non-tumbled one(Bick4 will bring some sheen back), but it is so much softer and grainy than the regular one.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Screenshot_20211206-090409_Gallery.jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
My iPhone informed me that I had a package delivered to the front porch this morning at 6:50 AM., on a chilly 60° F. Sunday of all days they bring me a quilted early 50s horsehide Monarch. The sun was out for a couple of hours, and it wasn't raining, so I snapped a few pics, and headed down the hill to get in a good swim.

The wind is from the South, what they call a Kona Wind, and my swim was against the wind and currents, but the sun stayed out just long enough to have some good beach time with my new Monarch.

Nothing fancy, no extra pockets, straps, cinches, half belt, or anything extra. Just some old lovely horsehide put together in a nice pattern with lots of French seams, that fits me nicely. And man check out that 4 inch collar.
IMG_8843.JPG
IMG_8899.JPG
IMG_8927.JPG
IMG_8955.JPG
IMG_8943.JPG
IMG_9059.jpeg
IMG_9056.jpeg

Last edited:

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Didn’t wear it today. A little silly but feel like a farewell post is in order…I’m sending my Bates highwayman to a close friend who has long admired it. If it fits he’s keeping it. If it doesn’t I’ll be listing it in classifieds.

35235C20-4C0B-4C27-8351-24D0D9501166.jpeg
6FD1A599-0794-4EA5-9983-890A13BB03CC.jpeg
9B733AD4-5F6D-4887-AE63-C1646C7245BF.jpeg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Didn’t wear it today. A little silly but feel like a farewell post is in order…I’m sending my Bates highwayman to a close friend who has long admired it. If it fits he’s keeping it. If it doesn’t I’ll be listing it in classifieds.

View attachment 385079 View attachment 385080 View attachment 385081
@Mrfrown Your friend will receive a great looking jacket and IMO it looks good on you but if your close friend would appreciate it more than you, it's very kind of you to send it to him!

madhu

Familiar Face
My iPhone informed me that I had a package delivered to the front porch this morning at 6:50 AM., on a chilly 60° F. Sunday of all days they bring me a quilted early 50s horsehide Monarch. The sun was out for a couple of hours, and it wasn't raining, so I snapped a few pics, and headed down the hill to get in a good swim.

The wind is from the South, what they call a Kona Wind, and my swim was against the wind and currents, but the sun stayed out just long enough to have some good beach time with my new Monarch.

Nothing fancy, no extra pockets, straps, cinches, half belt, or anything extra. Just some old lovely horsehide put together in a nice pattern with lots of French seams, that fits me nicely. And man check out that 4 inch collar.
View attachment 385024 View attachment 385025 View attachment 385026 View attachment 385027 View attachment 385028 View attachment 385029 View attachment 385030
You can actually see the Kona Wind blowing your beard "North" in the last photo!!!

Mrfrown

One Too Many
@Mrfrown In honouring the departure of your Bates, which I believe fits you perfectly, today I'm wearing mine.

20211206-170356.jpg

Looks great per usual

Fit was the smaller part of it for me, although yes I did feel that it was a little short on the front and sleeves and it was starting to get uncomfortably tight across the shoulders. Still, that was just the tipping point for me. I love the jacket from the front but really didn't like the stiff kidney panel. I had considered a while back having it removed but felt like it would be a risky surgery, and something ineffable might very well be lost if I did it.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 385024 View attachment 385025 View attachment 385026 View attachment 385027 View attachment 385028 View attachment 385029 View attachment 385030

I trust you will keep this one out of the Surf. Looks great.

Just posted on the Monarchs. They made high end outwear of the Day.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vintage-outerwear-threads-of-the-past.102621/page-27

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ