Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Crosspost to https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...r-about-outerwear.102916/page-79#post-2879532

My first fabric jacket in a long time.
Something different for the summer when it's too warm for leather jackets. I think I will keep it.
1BD83DCC-7DE0-4EB1-A95E-D98E7BC2DA48.jpeg

Finally got my "Marlboro Man" fixed. 30 degrees and a little windy so I took her out for a spin. Didn't wear the Ushanka though wore my Montana Peak instead.

Worf

Lost a bit of weight since this photo was taken.

My next wintercap will be an Ushanka, for sure! :) Dope!!

Update on my $29 project, super quick turnarounds….the Russian talked me out of leather and suggested some boiled wool instead. Turned out decent. I think I should’ve probably insisted on the leather at the cuffs and used the wool solely at the hem. I also added a vintage ring pull to the chest zip. All in all not bad. Certainly a better fit. I am closing the chapter on my wool Halfbelt search, which will culminate in the SJC 33, I’ve been told every week since 11/30 it will ship next week. And yet here I am 5 deep in these now. LOL.
F29BDA47-BB19-4F3C-A505-9CF5CD7D325C.jpeg

Love that jacket. First brown I have seen. You wearing a thick weather with that jacket? How is the mobility while riding? That looks good on you.

It looks plain in many pictures but it actually is a beautiful brown. I totally recommend it. It grains like the black but also shows surface wear in spots (pockets, belt loops, cuffs).

Yes, I am generally a 44 in LW for good fit, either in a t-shirt or with one lighter layer added. This is a 46 and my go-to jacket to wear thicker layers. All my LW work for me on the bike. This one has a bit shorter sleeves and doesn’t seal at the cuff like my other LW though. I have to wear longer gloves in colder weather. But in warmer weather the air flow is quite good, what with the apes and all.

Last edited:

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Update on my $29 project, super quick turnarounds….the Russian talked me out of leather and suggested some boiled wool instead. Turned out decent. I think I should’ve probably insisted on the leather at the cuffs and used the wool solely at the hem. I also added a vintage ring pull to the chest zip. All in all not bad. Certainly a better fit. I am closing the chapter on my wool Halfbelt search, which will culminate in the SJC 33, I’ve been told every week since 11/30 it will ship next week. And yet here I am 5 deep in these now. LOL.
View attachment 389454
thought about you when I saw this morning. How about some knits? They can probably steal enough material from the hem to make the connection point along the zipper

5465bfbda8b42699_Front500.jpg

thought about you when I saw this morning. How about some knits? They can probably steal enough material from the hem to make the connection point along the zipper

5465bfbda8b42699_Front500.jpg
I don’t mind the split/splay at the hem! I’ve thought about a waterfront jacket for a long time too. But equipped with an Irvin collar and HWM style leather cuffs, and a leather waistband like a HWM. But I know Aero won’t do it in a million years.

Motocann

One Too Many
Anyone into Belstaff? I don’t own any of their leathers, although I’ve tried a few. They never seem to fit me well, because their sizing usually runs big. This is the only Belstaff jacket I’ve found that fit me well. I was hunting this down until it went on sale. Bought it directly from their site. Waxed cotton, good for today’s lousy weather.
566BA352-58C4-4046-A075-14F53CDCC787.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko