Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mrfrown

One Too Many
This is nice! Is this a repro or the real deal?

Thanks man. Been really enjoying it. Easy to layer if need be but still comfortable with a shirt if I’m in a hurry.

It’s a vintage piece but not sure if it was military or civilian. My understanding is that Centre made jackets for the military but also sold them at retail. No stenciling, names, or other identifying marks except a touch of paint on one sleeve makes me think it was civilian but I’m definitely NOT an expert.

This is the tag:

EB3FD9AA-BD2D-43E2-B4E2-2820C68622E9.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks man. Been really enjoying it. Easy to layer if need be but still comfortable with a shirt if I’m in a hurry.

It’s a vintage piece but not sure if it was military or civilian. My understanding is that Centre made jackets for the military but also sold them at retail. No stenciling, names, or other identifying marks except a touch of paint on one sleeve makes me think it was civilian but I’m definitely NOT an expert.

This is the tag:

View attachment 393574

Thanks much. I really like it. I’m getting more and more attracted to military wear. Versatile, usually very good quality and loads of items available. The later more in theory, at least over here, so I am trying repros for the time being.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
@dudewuttheheck, this is a (probably) 1950s jacket from a catalogue seller Spiegel. Likely horsehide, I saw identical Spiegels (not many, only two over three years, and I am looking...;)) with a separate HH label, which seems to have fallen off my jacket. Lining was shredded, I had it relined. I like the top sleeve zips. I was wondering who made these jackets for Spiegel, but I have not seen an identical pattern with any other period maker, yet. Oh, and not to be forgotten, @Monitor commanded (;)) someone to buy it when it appeared in the Finds and Deals thread for $125, and I was smart enough to listen to him.

View attachment 393471
You were indeed correct to listen to @Monitor ! That jacket looks amazing and fits you incredibly well. I need a jacket like that one.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had my William Gibson N-3B on while I was shoveling snow and cleaning cars in the morning, switched to an Aero Indian Ranger when I came back inside.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback on this one. When i bought it there was a little swi (surfing while intox). I bought two other jackets and boots this week. Therefore this one is on the way to tfl’s @Will Zach. However, all of the nice comments do give me a bit of sellers remorse.
This jacket is destined to stay within the TFL family. If I decide to move it for whatever reason you'll be the first to know. Stranger things have happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner