Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Very nice! The jacket develops splendidly... are the sleeves zipped? Does your jacket have the outside-in middle belt loop on backside?
Thanks. This leather seems like it really likes to be worn. It doesn't have that feature unfortunately. I don't know if they had a jacket to model this by or if they just went by pictures.
Sleeves have zips, but are still not tapered enough from the elbow down. I might try a drastic elbow down only soak to see if that helps.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Italian double breasted heavy goatskin coat (their police jacket?)

Attachments

• EDA53962-40FB-4903-830C-656559ED35DE.jpeg
    EDA53962-40FB-4903-830C-656559ED35DE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
  • 88E250FC-6F76-4DE2-8501-B5B7956969B2.jpeg
    88E250FC-6F76-4DE2-8501-B5B7956969B2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
  • D03497BE-9FBD-432F-A41B-06E98CE5923D.jpeg
    D03497BE-9FBD-432F-A41B-06E98CE5923D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 97

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Langlitz Columbia

So it’s been a month…

I feel like the fit is good with even a light hoodie underneath. The body is bigger than I would have spec’d but doesn’t look completely out of proportion. The collar needs some more work to stay down but getting there.

What do y’all think? I could also make a thread with more pics etc if you’re interested.

Attachments

• 3AB95BC8-EA4A-4971-A4A5-70003241BD4B.jpeg
    3AB95BC8-EA4A-4971-A4A5-70003241BD4B.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 167
  • FEC48DA2-F874-45F4-88B1-10B500C76AD4.jpeg
    FEC48DA2-F874-45F4-88B1-10B500C76AD4.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 163
I AM NOT ENTERTAINED. The great thing about a Chicago winter is nothing. It sucks. And it lasts too long. And when you think it’s over it’s not even started, then, the next day it’s 105 in the shade and you need the A/C set to the very temp you were trying to avoid the day before.
38290ACC-774E-450D-90A6-C7542F654F40.jpeg

5 Star Halfbelt. Great jacket for winter, surprisingly. I can easily move in it. The hide is not beauty queen grade but it will absolutely take a beating without worry.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Langlitz Columbia

So it’s been a month…

I feel like the fit is good with even a light hoodie underneath. The body is bigger than I would have spec’d but doesn’t look completely out of proportion. The collar needs some more work to stay down but getting there.

What do y’all think? I could also make a thread with more pics etc if you’re interested.
I'd say overall good fit. Because it's custom (I think), I would probably be a little nitpicky about the shoulders and upper biceps. Not atrocious or even bad, but slightly out of whack. For off the shelf, I'd say A- fit. For custom, maybe solid B. But I don't know the limits of the customization (i.e. with Lewis Leather, you can spec certain things and then there's formulas that dictate others or is it full blown 5 star free style).

Not anything I'd sell or return or anything like that, but you know the drill. When you have a lot of jackets fighting for wear time, anything that's off is a reason to wear something else. Down in Nawlins, not sure how often you need to layer. For my own tastes, to get more year round wear (pretty much tshirt only otherwise I'm grabbing shearling or deck jackets if weather gets too cold), I'd want a little snuggier fit. Again, don't mean to say the jacket is way off and unwearable, but for my own tastes, a jacket that fit like that would slowly get pushed back in the closet for others because it's either tshirt only time or need something more substantial time. I will say, recently I have eased up on fit and how snug is too snug. A couple jackets I now wish I had gone slightly bigger, could be the holiday weight gain talking. Hoping those 5lbs will get them more comfortable again. So I"m probably on the more extreme side of how a jacket should fit. If I saw you walking down the street, I'd say cool jacket. I wouldn't think, oh crap that jacket is way too big or anything like that.

Langlitz Columbia

So it’s been a month…

I still think the jacket looks about one size too big. It looks this way even with a heavy sweatshirt and a button down under it… it’s still too roomy. The sleeves are massive. They remind me of my 5 Star that I had Dena chop the fat out of. At the very least, I would have langlitz start there.
I am guilty of doing exactly what you are doing with jackets that are too small. The phrase “just enough room for a t-shirt” is just like “room to layer”. Both are battle cries for justification of a jacket that doesn’t fit. Not trying to be a dick, but if Langlitz will offer a remake or augment this jacket for a better fit, I would not hesitate.

Last edited:

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Langlitz Columbia

So it’s been a month…

Yes , I think a thread would help.

Motocann

One Too Many
I still think the jacket looks about one size too big. It looks this way even with a heavy sweatshirt and a button down under it… it’s still too roomy. The sleeves are massive. They remind me of my 5 Star that I had Dena chop the fat out of. At the very least, I would have langlitz start there.
I am guilty of doing exactly what you are doing with jackets that are too small. The phrase “just enough room for a t-shirt” is just like “room to layer”. Both are battle cries for justification of a jacket that doesn’t fit. Not trying to be a dick, but if Langlitz will offer a remake or augment this jacket for a better fit, I would not hesitate.
The fit is everything. A leather jacket should fit a normal proportioned body pretty much near perfectly. A tell tale sign is if the sizing measurements are not true to size, then there’s something wrong. For instance, I always wanted a Golden Bear jacket (made in San Francisco) but their sizing was always way off. The small coming in at 42 or 44. Butterscotch LB had them make a “slim fit” jacket, cut to his requested specifications. The jacket came out perfect! Exactly how a leather motorcycle jacket should fit.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Langlitz Columbia

So it’s been a month…

Cool looking Jacket, has settled nicely! About fit: As you mentioned it‘s on the roomy side, depending on what the jacket is intended for, comfortable with a layer but probably too big with a T-shirt…

As said before, nothing beats your JL and as already mentioned by another member, the Langlitz will sooner or later find its way to the back of your wardrobe.

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
First real outing of the FW Mulholland on a cold but sunny day. I have this jacket since May, but it never really fit in. Grabbed it this morning as a spur-of-the-moment decision despite the wife warning me that I’d be cold out in the country. I was, at first, but I loved every second of it. Hope the jacket will now find its place. It’s certainly worth it.

Two comments: the zipper is a nightmare. No justification for a jacket at this price. If “period correct” is the reason they should freakin’ repro the whole thing only “easy to handle” style.
As to the popular observation that the 2021 generation has rather short sleeves: Shoulders run a tad big for me, so I gain about half an inch on the sleeves.
5041BA32-55A0-4164-A66B-C507E9D91048.jpeg
77204437-A850-4D7C-8EDB-28B27104C950.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner