Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Re-tanned and reburbished with stud buttons. Nice!
New ones were going to cost like $600-1000 range. Couldn't justify for suede. I know there's some really nice, buttery soft rough out and all that, but too many jackets in the closet to spend big money anymore. All in, cost me under $200 with all the supplies and everything and was fun weekend project.

Cali Herc. Tell me this isn’t sweet…

EEB80841-B73C-49DC-826B-8EED8484289C.jpeg

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Straight zip CHP arrived this Friday. I’m pretty pleased with it. Fit is okay I think, I thought the sleeves would be too short but they fit longer than measurements would suggest.
It is thick and HEAVY. Without a doubt the heaviest and thickest leather I’ve had in a jacket.
View attachment 411703 View attachment 411704
I can't get enough of Cals. Your straight-zip is amazing!

Nick H

New in Town
My Aero 1930’s half belt arrived. I got a size 46” chest with an extra inch on sleeves and body length. Vicenza dark seal with Harris tweed lining. I am 6’3 and normally a 44” chest jacket. I think the fit is good. Really pleased. And yes well over 50 years old and happy to wear a leather jacket !

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 123

Yango

One of the Regulars
Unexpected FB marketplace find that was almost too good to be true price wise. A Schott cafe racer style #141 Naked cowhide. The leather is rich and buttery soft.
View attachment 412288 View attachment 412289
Nice! Congratulations.

I had the same experience for a 141 long. I almost dropped dead when I saw the sellers ad. I just told him I’d pay his asking price, plus whatever the shipping was going to be. It was a bit of a nail biter waiting for the shipping—but I got it—and if the seller had tried it on once, that was probably it. The jacket was absolutely mint, no creases on the jacket anywhere, and the fur liner was pristine.

Sometimes the stars just align!

Viking752

Practically Family
Nice! Congratulations.

I had the same experience for a 141 long. I almost dropped dead when I saw the sellers ad. I just told him I’d pay his asking price, plus whatever the shipping was going to be. It was a bit of a nail biter waiting for the shipping—but I got it—and if the seller had tried it on once, that was probably it. The jacket was absolutely mint, no creases on the jacket anywhere, and the fur liner was pristine.

Sometimes the stars just align!

Thanks, the guy lived 20 miles from me and we met up at a gas station and I tried it on in the parking lot. I paid his price no question and he said he wore it maybe 4 times. Pristine condition. Good day for sure.

Monarch today. We are about to hit a back slide in our weather. 75 yesterday. Looks like more typical 40’s-50’s for the foreseeable future. Haven’t worn this one much since the fall. Every time I put it on I reminded of how nicely made Monarch jackets are, and how lovely the horse they used is. Not that you can tell from this pic.
F4DE9F36-5FAB-4128-856E-290E845BF101.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR