Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

zebedee

One Too Many
Third week + of Shanghai lockdown. Wearing the Aero Mariner on trips to the balcony for cups of tea.
Photo on 3-4-2022 at 9.45 AM.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
No-name again. The jacket is heavy (5.8 lbs after Obenauf's treatment - softened the leather a great deal), but sits on the shoulders very well and causes no fatigue after all day running errands yesterday. Also, the leather was very squeaky before Obenauf's; it is totally quiet after. Just a data point for those with squeaky jackets. :)

DSC_2265crop1.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I am utterly amazed by the quality of this hh Kit Karson. It's a tier above my 50s steerhide Hercules and Windward mc jackets. Two tiers maybe.

The wool lining had a few holes in it which I fixed today. Next up are the gussets, I need to install an elastic band to pull them in. That'll be a job for next weekend.

A1CABB92-35BF-447F-B774-2CAC08AE7C03.jpeg
AA635DA4-943A-4EF8-9FA9-F3EF00EC11C5.jpeg

There's a size 40 for sale by the way. It looks to be in even better condition. Very reasonably prized:

I am utterly amazed by the quality of this hh Kit Karson. It's a tier above my 50s steerhide Hercules and Windward mc jackets. Two tiers maybe.

The wool lining had a few holes in it which I fixed today. Next up are the gussets, I need to install an elastic band to pull them in. That'll be a job for next weekend.

View attachment 415558 View attachment 415559

There's a size 40 for sale by the way. It looks to be in even better condition. Very reasonably prized:

As nice as jackets get.

The black sun Kit has 22” P2P btw.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 415558 View attachment 415559

That size 40 is sold out.

roadking04

Practically Family
Also, the leather was very squeaky before Obenauf's; it is totally quiet after. Just a data point for those with squeaky jackets. :)
Your jacket looks great. I like a jacket with a little wiggle room. I think it makes the jacket easier to wear.

Thanks for the squeaky jacket tip. I am having that problem now with a heavy CXL horsehide. I have about 150 hours of wear on it right now. It is STUPID loud. I think it might be getting louder with wear. lol. I have yet to try anything but wear it, so far. I don't think it will go away on its own, like I was hoping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ