Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Bfd70

My Mail is Forwarded Here
8024F676-3143-4A36-A7EF-0794DE8E5E95.jpeg

Eastman A2 slender. Provenance traced to TFL.

roadking04

Practically Family
Also, the leather was very squeaky before Obenauf's; it is totally quiet after. Just a data point for those with squeaky jackets. :)
Your jacket looks great. I like a jacket with a little wiggle room. I think it makes the jacket easier to wear.

Thanks for the squeaky jacket tip. I am having that problem now with a heavy CXL horsehide. I have about 150 hours of wear on it right now. It is STUPID loud. I think it might be getting louder with wear. lol. I have yet to try anything but wear it, so far. I don't think it will go away on its own, like I was hoping.

Merv

One Too Many
I am utterly amazed by the quality of this hh Kit Karson. It's a tier above my 50s steerhide Hercules and Windward mc jackets. Two tiers maybe.

The wool lining had a few holes in it which I fixed today. Next up are the gussets, I need to install an elastic band to pull them in. That'll be a job for next weekend.

View attachment 415558 View attachment 415559

There's a size 40 for sale by the way. It looks to be in even better condition. Very reasonably prized:

oh... is that how you pull the gussets in? that makes sense! The question that remains is, I guess you have to get behind the liner somehow eh?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
oh... is that how you pull the gussets in? that makes sense! The question that remains is, I guess you have to get behind the liner somehow eh?
Yep, like this. I'll post an update in the following thread once I've done the fix:

32B999DF-B0DE-4A62-9DDD-F9214266B22E.jpeg
A5D9DC70-F59D-480E-AA7D-98D9CDAB2650.jpeg

Wanou

New in Town
Hello everyone,
New member here, but long time lurker. Learned a lot of things thanks to this forum and its members, and discovered Aero Leather's jackets amongst many others. Bought an August jacket recently, took it for a walk and enjoyed the sunlighted cordovan's shades...
IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Wanou - welcome! Several others on here from your home country as well.

Thanks for sharing these photos. Cordovan is perfect for you there in the sunlight, looks awesome! Enjoy breaking this new one in and hope you provide updates.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
All your time and dedication to your IR is really paying off. It is really starting to break in nicely. I really love the way the CXL is starting to look. Please keep wearing this and posting pics. Looks like it fits perfectly now.
Thank you Roadking! It's been a journey with this IR - I guess I really did not check the pattern out as well prior to placing the order. I do like how it fits and it has broken in quite a bit at this point.

Also I noted your comment a day or two back about "squeaky" CXL FQHH. I may suggest a treatment of Pecards - it really quieted down the Indian Ranger too. It wasn't that noisy, but every little bit helps.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Looking good! That’s the Bronson version right? How do you like it?
thanks. Yeah, Bronson. I'm glad I bought a bigger size than what I thought I needed. It has really high arm holes which tighten everything up. Plus I've washed and put in dryer a couple times to give it more weathered look and it definitely shrunk at least one full size.

They having a 15% off sale right now. I don't see a better buy than this jacket at regular price, much less with 15% off. Can probably tackle most winters (so long as they're not wet). Thinking about buying another, one size down, but waxing it.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Hello everyone,
New member here, but long time lurker. Learned a lot of things thanks to this forum and its members, and discovered Aero Leather's jackets amongst many others. Bought an August jacket recently, took it for a walk and enjoyed the sunlighted cordovan's shades...
View attachment 415937
View attachment 415938
very nice. Get some more wears on that and watch it get even better. I know what that new CXL is like, but it breaks down really nice. I'll post a pic of my Sheene from yesterday. Aero CXL is top top stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trentstanton