Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

20220404-134749.jpg

Plans have failed tho I felt good with the clothes today. Sears D-pocket.

roadking04

Practically Family
Also I noted your comment a day or two back about "squeaky" CXL FQHH. I may suggest a treatment of Pecards - it really quieted down the Indian Ranger too. It wasn't that noisy, but every little bit helps.
Thanks AeroFan. I haven't done anything but wear this jacket so far. It has not been wet yet. I want to say water has quieted some of my jackets in the past, but I can't remember. I really hate to commit the cardinal sin on this forum, and add a conditioner to a brand new jacket, but this jacket is VERY noisy and it is not quieting yet. I have also read about talcum powder on the seams. I am not sure what the best option is, but something is gonna have to give soon. lol.

Hh121

Banned
Thanks AeroFan. I haven't done anything but wear this jacket so far. It has not been wet yet. I want to say water has quieted some of my jackets in the past, but I can't remember. I really hate to commit the cardinal sin on this forum, and add a conditioner to a brand new jacket, but this jacket is VERY noisy and it is not quieting yet. I have also read about talcum powder on the seams. I am not sure what the best option is, but something is gonna have to give soon. lol.
Would love to see some pics, RK.

roadking04

Practically Family
Would love to see some pics, RK.
This is the noise offender. I have about 150+ hours of mostly indoor wear on it. I have shoveled snow in it a few times. I have not had it on the bike yet, or exposed to water. It is taking a long time to break in.

How about your heavy hides? are the loud? have they quieted any? My JL is crazy loud.

20220404_164139.jpg
20220404_164156.jpg
20220404_164239.jpg
20220404_164314.jpg

Caber

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone,
New member here, but long time lurker. Learned a lot of things thanks to this forum and its members, and discovered Aero Leather's jackets amongst many others. Bought an August jacket recently, took it for a walk and enjoyed the sunlighted cordovan's shades...
View attachment 415937
View attachment 415938
Wow! that is an amazing looking jacket !! How comfortable is the august? Ive considered this jacket multiple times

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
This is the noise offender. I have about 150+ hours of mostly indoor wear on it. I have shoveled snow in it a few times. I have not had it on the bike yet, or exposed to water. It is taking a long time to break in.

How about your heavy hides? are the loud? have they quieted any? My JL is crazy loud.

View attachment 415991 View attachment 415992 View attachment 415993 View attachment 415994

Looks amazing there Roadking! That beast will take quite a while to break in. Suppose it remains to be seen how the squeak develops... :)

View attachment 415991 View attachment 415992 View attachment 415993 View attachment 415994

494EE848-A1E8-4B07-B85E-958CC82E7107.jpeg

Give one to the JL. It may stop the squeaking lol.

Love that jacket. There was a similar one in their showroom that I nearly walked out with. Total impulse buy that I somehow fought off.

roadking04

Practically Family
Thanks J. I have it narrowed down to 3 possible ways to stop the squeaking: Water, powder, conditioner. I am thinking in maybe that order. I am hoping sensei Panda chimes in, he specializes in JL and CXL. lol.

I have yet to take the maiden voyage with my new jacket. I have only sat on my bike and made fake motor noises so far. lol. I might have had Born To Be Wild playing also (jk).

I hope to do a mini review when I can get some pics on the bike and spend some time on the road.

Thanks J. I have it narrowed down to 3 possible ways to stop the squeaking: Water, powder, conditioner. I am thinking in maybe that order. I am hoping sensei Panda chimes in, he specializes in JL and CXL. lol.

I have yet to take the maiden voyage with my new jacket. I have only sat on my bike and made fake motor noises so far. lol. I might have had Born To Be Wild playing also (jk).

I hope to do a mini review when I can get some pics on the bike and spend some time on the road.

Sensei Panda lol. Classic. He does have loads of jacket wisdom.

Soon enough the weather will break and it’s back on the road. The new Low Rider ST is calling me.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Thats one awesome jacket RK!
I too have been baffled by the squeaky noises on my jackets. So much so I did some experiment, by applying a coat of mink oil to the non squeak one, and then f me the squeak started.
Just waiting for a sunny day to come by to complete the second part of my experiment. I’m hoping an afternoon of sun tanning will open up the surface pores enough for the oil top coat to break down into the leather, and then stops squeaking. Just a theory.
And yes if sun tanning doesn’t work then it’s bath time, just cold water. It usually does the trick.
Hope you get your squeaky Jacket ready in time for the prime riding weather these coming weeks! Not too hot but sunny.

roadking04

Practically Family
The new Low Rider ST is calling me.
Can't wait to see it. Hope you can find one. New Harleys are scarce in my area.

Thats one awesome jacket RK!
Thanks Panda. I am also baffled with this absurd squeaking going on. My 618 was rather noisy when I first got it. I had it on the other day, and it was almost silent. I did have that one soaked in a down pour. I am not sure if the noise went away right after that or not. The 618 was noisy, but no way close to the CXLHH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot