Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

zebedee

One Too Many
Aero battered seal Cafe Racer in the Shanghai rain, waiting an hour to get into the supermarket. I'm not sure that the rain is all that clean. The arms got... rained on... WechatIMG76.jpeg WechatIMG77.jpeg WechatIMG78.jpeg

roadking04

Practically Family
Took out the JL today for more "testing" lol. I wanted to see how it performed in warmer weather. It was about 80 degrees and lower humidity.

I was surprised how well the jacket did. It fits a little on the looser side. I wanted to open the lapels and sleeve zips and see how it did. I thought it would balloon out and make me look like the Michelin Man. It did not do that. No wind sail effect at all. It kept me rather cool at 70mph. I think the higher arm openings help a great deal. Plus, JL really knows how to make a motorcycle jacket.

I also was impressed with my Iron Heart 634s. I would say they are more for warmer weather than cold. At 21oz, they actually let quite a bit of air through.

20220529_155117.jpg

King B

A-List Customer
So many great jackets. Why process do you go through to select what you will wear? Curious. I envision some type of robotics going through a massive warehouse lol.

Why thank you Sir.

I have over 200 leather jackets on 3 industrial size racks:

Military
Motorcycle
Designer

I have completely fallen out of Love (temporarily) with military jackets so I have not worn any for a while.

I tend to pick 2 from the motorcycle rack, 2 from designer rack, to wear Mondays to Thursdays then I'd often pick a high end one for Fridays.

Weekends I pick the jackets that best fits my outfits.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
The oil-tan is his best offering. That jacket is a beauty!

Thank you!

Agreed on the leather. I have a brown one which is substantially stiffer. Don´t know if it´s a question of certain batches, or if the black oil-tan just comes this way. Remarkably similar to the leather Greg Field sells as "full-aniline Pony". Very shiny, very pliable with hardly any break-in needed, yet pretty substantial.
I do like to break-in my jackets, but of course, a pliable leather makes wearing it with different types of layering much easier.

Last edited:

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
Had a rare "jacket weather" day today. So I snapped some picks of the Cal-Leather café racer I got a while back. Maybe a little large on me, but I think it still looks good. Some of the cotton stitching on the elbow and shoulder pads was failing, but I re-stitched those areas using the original holes.
IMG_20220530_152324 (2).jpg
IMG_20220530_153424 (2).jpg
IMG_20220530_153503 (2).jpg
IMG_20220530_153440 (2).jpg
IMG_20220530_153447.jpg

Bonus pics of my mom wearing the American Sheepherder jacket I got for her birthday.
IMG_20220530_153903 (2).jpg
IMG_20220530_153914.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_152917 (2).jpg
    IMG_20220530_152917 (2).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Been wearing my new to me Suburban.
It's i think the jacket with the largest carbon footprint in the world.

IT was made in NYC, shipped to Canada, sold back to a lounger in NYC, then it went to Holland, back to Canada and then back to Belgium, it's final place of residence.

It's a really nice discreete everyday jacket when not on the bike, i really like it.
The pattern is roomy and comfortable without being too oversized, it allows for easy layering.
I understand now why @red devil always told me his Suburban was his favourite travel jacket.

dGYg9FE.jpg

pqTgReT.jpg

xHmx4sS.jpg

@sweetfights

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ