Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

ai00344

One of the Regulars
Been wearing my new to me Suburban.
It's i think the jacket with the largest carbon footprint in the world.

IT was made in NYC, shipped to Canada, sold back to a lounger in NYC, then it went to Holland, back to Canada and then back to Belgium, it's final place of residence.

It's a really nice discreete everyday jacket when not on the bike, i really like it.
The pattern is roomy and comfortable without being too oversized, it allows for easy layering.
I understand now why @red devil always told me his Suburban was his favourite travel jacket.

dGYg9FE.jpg

pqTgReT.jpg

xHmx4sS.jpg

@sweetfights
This more conservative style really suits your already edgy look (compliment). Excellent!

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Thank you, and so true! I wasn't really going for a full vintage look but now that you mention it I will definitely try a more formal tucked shirt next time, I just love the way the Menlo drapes and how easy to wear it is with almost anything!

Jejupe

Practically Family
Why thank you Sir.

I have over 200 leather jackets on 3 industrial size racks:

Military
Motorcycle
Designer

I have completely fallen out of Love (temporarily) with military jackets so I have not worn any for a while.

I tend to pick 2 from the motorcycle rack, 2 from designer rack, to wear Mondays to Thursdays then I'd often pick a high end one for Fridays.

Weekends I pick the jackets that best fits my outfits.
It’s good to hear that I am not the only one with over 200 jackets on industrial size racks! Do you manage to fit them in your apartment/house?

I have a separate warehouse where I keep the racks and out of rotation jackets. I keep 20-30 in my house for rotation, but I don’t have any system to rotate them. I’ll just pick what ever feels good at the moment considering the weather/season and activities of the day in question.

Some people collect stamps, I collect jackets.

And I don’t think this is a forum for people who are sensible and practical with their wardrobe.

Man I don't know... I also wanted to collect jackets but every time the number surpassed 10, I couldn't get a good night sleep. I think I've got about 10 jackets right now (two on sale) but kind of happy with each piece so I'm okay but even this reasonable number is keeping me in a slight state of anxiety. If I die, people just gonna sell that cheap (not that I have any that aren't cheap, to be perfectly honest) and it always turns out I spend 90% of jacket weather in just one jacket that I find most convenient, wearing others for "special occasions" which is also unnerving as there aren't any special occasions ever at all and nobody really cares...

But yeah, there's that whole collecting thing which is something I've never been fond of for the above mentioned reasons - I mean, owning stuff makes you worry about that stuff and that's no good - And I'd be most happy if all the clothes I'd ever possibly was the clothes that's on me right now but that's not happening either...

Eh, don't matter. I'm just thinking out loud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk