Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

morrison2951

Practically Family
I did. Got tired of the long sleeves but still kinda miss it…but don’t think I’d wear it much now that the Timberline is here. Maybe when layering? In any case the Comet is gone.

Sorry to hear this. Such a great jacket.

My HH Comet is tough to beat.
017B0208-4483-44DB-8A2C-4EB5CAB3293C.jpeg.jpg

Schambach

Practically Family
I did. Got tired of the long sleeves but still kinda miss it…but don’t think I’d wear it much now that the Timberline is here. Maybe when layering? In any case the Comet is gone.

I never noticed the sleeves were too long on yours but I don't blame you. I love mine, and luckily it fits really well.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I never noticed the sleeves were too long on yours but I don't blame you. I love mine, and luckily it fits really well.
For me, sleeve length off the rack is always too long. Just a matter of how much. With the Comet they were long enough to cause wrist fatigue after wearing for a few hours. Sounds funny putting it into words, but true. I've considered getting one made with shorter sleeves, perhaps a special order from Thurston in an interesting hide.

Schambach

Practically Family
For me, sleeve length off the rack is always too long. Just a matter of how much. With the Comet they were long enough to cause wrist fatigue after wearing for a few hours. Sounds funny putting it into words, but true. I've considered getting one made with shorter sleeves, perhaps a special order from Thurston in an interesting hide.
Wow, fair enough! I've got the opposite problem, long gorilla arms... And same, the most recent hide options(olympia organica!) from thurston are looking really good.

It's interesting how they made an hour-glass shape without the help of the cinches (which are placed lower). This isn't true to the original, but it makes for a great looking fit!
I think it is true to the original, at least from this catalog shot:
1665770194248.png

This is why I'm glad my modofied Aero Herc has the belts placed at the false belt...Aero's pattern doesn't have that shape baked in. I've never handled an original, so I can't say for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails