Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 458642
Maine in late October; cold, windy, rainy, fog & mist (gorgeous fall foliage on the drive up here!)….perfect place to wear a G-1. This is a Gibson & Barnes “Civil G-1” with deep, welted side hand warmer pockets, a super thick/plush mouton fur collar and very grainy, substantial goatskin. The civil G-1 also is cut a bit roomier than the standard MILSPEC G-1 so there’s room to layer a sweater or fleece underneath.

Good to see you. You look well. Healthy and content. Hope you are! Maine looks like quite the place to be in fall!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Still stuck at home due to some unforeseen circumstances, have been playing car coat roulette in the past two days. From slimmest jacket (not coat) to roomiest coat (yes coat):
Y2 Leather
IMG_8070.JPG

Y2 Leather
IMG_8112 (1).JPG

Orgueil
IMG_8531.JPG

Joe Mccoy
IMG_8569.JPG

Aero
IMG_8612.JPG

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Still stuck at home due to some unforeseen circumstances, have been playing car coat roulette in the past two days. From slimmest jacket (not coat) to roomiest coat (yes coat):
Y2 Leather
View attachment 458980
Y2 Leather
View attachment 458981
Orgueil
View attachment 458982
Joe Mccoy
View attachment 458983
Aero
View attachment 458984
Love the ability to directly compare your post provides

That one from Orgueil is a standout to me. Is it comfortable to wear?

Liveinstyle33

One of the Regulars
Sweet Vanson.

What are your thoughts on the Bainbridge leather? How much character does it have in person?
It has an incredible amount of character. The blue is so deep you want to swim in it, or even take a bite out of it, and the grain is very attractive. The leather itself is also "industrial" strong, as someone else commented when I let them touch it, while still being quite malleable. I actually like this leather more than most Horween leathers, (which are still top notch, and one of my favorite types) it's an incredibly strong and attractive leather. There was also no real break in period that was necessary. The shoulder gussets on this jacket are also substantial, there is full range of movement, and I mean total movement ability. You could climb a tree with this jacket on if you wanted. Vanson really knows what they are doing, both in leather tanning and in jacket construction.

morrison2951

Practically Family
It has an incredible amount of character. The blue is so deep you want to swim in it, or even take a bite out of it, and the grain is very attractive. The leather itself is also "industrial" strong, as someone else commented when I let them touch it, while still being quite malleable. I actually like this leather more than most Horween leathers, (which are still top notch, and one of my favorite types) it's an incredibly strong and attractive leather. There was also no real break in period that was necessary. The shoulder gussets on this jacket are also substantial, there is full range of movement, and I mean total movement ability. You could climb a tree with this jacket on if you wanted. Vanson really knows what they are doing, both in leather tanning and in jacket construction.

Yes. Yes they do! :)

DSC02948b.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Love the ability to directly compare your post provides

That one from Orgueil is a standout to me. Is it comfortable to wear?
The Orgueil is pretty good. Their size 42 (P2P 23") fits more like a jacket than a coat though. But very comfortable.
All are size 42, the Y2's are small for the tag size (P2P barely 22"), the Orgueil is right in the middle (23"), the Mccoy and Aero fits more coat like (23" bell shape and 24"+, respectively).
The leather Orgueil used is a painted one so less fancy than the leather Y2 uses which are aniline. The Mccoy had the most disappointing leather, I think it's printed/corrected, but it has the nicest machine work out of all, Aero is up there too, their recent machine work has gone up quite a few notches, this one is by Julie!
All are used except the Aero so things might have changed for the Japanese ones.

robrinay

One Too Many
Aero zip sleeved Café Racer with their Thunder Bay label which I understand was/is used to signify a modified design. It’s beautifully broken in and very comfortable.
5ECF5F3B-981E-4448-90BC-5FF6B76257AA.jpeg

Attachments

• 1C3E3F40-6A4C-4257-B7B3-5BB731BD8707.jpeg
    1C3E3F40-6A4C-4257-B7B3-5BB731BD8707.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
  • 58C99E39-235C-43CB-B615-11DC76A7E695.jpeg
    58C99E39-235C-43CB-B615-11DC76A7E695.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads