Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

JCSD

Practically Family
Freewheelers La Brea

F23E311C-DF29-495C-8937-58FA1976DAF1.jpeg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That turned out great. I've thought many many times of doing the same with my lightning but I've had enough bad tailor experiences to scare me. Plus, part of me thinks, the boxy look is signature Lewis, so do I really want all my jackets looking the same? But I also think for a racer, it should be slim like you created.

View attachment 459206
The problem with mine was that I ordered it with a strong taper. And that does not fit the boxy pattern.
My brother also has the racing jacket, but in HH and with less taper and then it is better.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
That turned out great. I've thought many many times of doing the same with my lightning but I've had enough bad tailor experiences to scare me. Plus, part of me thinks, the boxy look is signature Lewis, so do I really want all my jackets looking the same? But I also think for a racer, it should be slim like you created.

View attachment 459206

Ah, come on, this looks super on you! If you want more V-shape, get an Indian Ranger, but yours is the quintessential RocknRoll look (Think „Motörhead“ in the 70s…).

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

willyto

One Too Many
I have one in bush poplin, love it.
It really feels warm, It will be a great fall/winter jacket when I don't feel like wearing leather.

Jacket is fine, but I love the Onesy on you. You sport one of the bravest styles on TFL for sure!
Thanks you! It's actually a pair Levi's Vintage Clothing 1890 overalls, I missed the matching sack coat recently online.

Wow, beautiful jacket and great fit. Congrats.

Thank you! I like it very much. I was excited when I put it on the first time. Made me realise trying the Ryder in size 36 in horsehide was a bad idea. This one fits just well enough not too snug not to wide.

Obviously I'm far from wearing jackets... still 25ºC here in Barcelona.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Aero Type III - after about a month in residence, the Type III is really showing it's transformation from new born to a more mature jacket as referenced in the attached images. Sorry the images aren't of the quality that so many posters on this forum submit but they give an idea of how the jacket has progressed. I did some inside & outside shots since the sunlight seems to make the color pop vice the more subdued indoor shots. The fit (to me) is nearly ideal - it is hard to capture the true essence of this really special jacket in images but those who've experienced the Aero Type III in person know it's very special indeed.

Attachments

• T3-1.JPG
    T3-1.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 91
  • T3-2.JPG
    T3-2.JPG
    499.4 KB · Views: 91
  • T3-3.JPG
    T3-3.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 92
  • T3-4.JPG
    T3-4.JPG
    483.7 KB · Views: 90
  • T3-5.JPG
    T3-5.JPG
    406.3 KB · Views: 91
  • T3-7.JPG
    T3-7.JPG
    540.6 KB · Views: 93
  • T3-8.JPG
    T3-8.JPG
    588.4 KB · Views: 99
  • T3-9.JPG
    T3-9.JPG
    636.4 KB · Views: 95

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Aero Type III - after about a month in residence, the Type III is really showing it's transformation from new born to a more mature jacket as referenced in the attached images. Sorry the images aren't of the quality that so many posters on this forum submit but they give an idea of how the jacket has progressed. I did some inside & outside shots since the sunlight seems to make the color pop vice the more subdued indoor shots. The fit (to me) is nearly ideal - it is hard to capture the true essence of this really special jacket in images but those who've experienced the Aero Type III in person know it's very special indeed.
Copper buttons, contrast stitching, red tab, substantial horsehide, great pattern. Yeah you did well on this one. Congrats. I love my Aero Type III too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ