Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Viking752

Practically Family
Black Stallion

036FDA7F-2C3C-40F9-994A-6372604215E6.jpeg

barnabus

One Too Many
Vanson. Quick ride today to check the jacket out. Awesome. Like my LW Trojan, the jacket fits and feels the same in either a t shirt or a thick fisherman sweater, which I wore on the bike today.
View attachment 484387

That looks great!

Does the collar have no snaps at all? That's interesting.

I like that sort of magical fit too, where it works with a t shirt or a heavy sweater. Brilliant.

That looks great!

Does the collar have no snaps at all? That's interesting.

I like that sort of magical fit too, where it works with a t shirt or a heavy sweater. Brilliant.

I’m happy with it. Hidden snaps, underneath the lapel.

barnabus

One Too Many
Even though I adore my Superdry cross zip, sometimes I like to remember that I've got other jackets I really love too. So today I'm in my not-Carhartt canvas.

And even though it's warmed up here now to about 5 degrees, after many years of struggling with Renaud's I've finally realised that I can just choose to keep my hands warm with gloves when it's only chilly, rather than waiting until it's flippin' freezing before I glove up.

IMG_20230128_122958_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230128_123529_HDR.jpg

The zipper seems to start further up than other jackets in this style. Judging by the appearance of the stitch holes, it appears it's a replacement zip, with the original zip starting about 2" up from the hem. I guess it makes it easier to sit down with the jacket still zipped?
Actually that is the original zipper. This jacket originally had a button on belt. I’ve actually thought about sending it to Dena to have the zipper lowered…but yes the splay does make it easier to sit in. This is an interesting jacket. Has all the styling elements of a surcoat but fits more like a standard sports jacket/Halfbelt. It’s only 26” long/blunt cut hem.

Observe

One Too Many
Actually that is the original zipper. This jacket originally had a button on belt. I’ve actually thought about sending it to Dena to have the zipper lowered…but yes the splay does make it easier to sit in. This is an interesting jacket. Has all the styling elements of a surcoat but fits more like a standard sports jacket/Halfbelt. It’s only 26” long/blunt cut hem.
Shows what I know, lol. Looks like a LHB by design but yes I guess it's a bit short for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch