Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Motocann

One Too Many
I'd love to hear your findings on Spiegel. Somewhat smaller and certainly more obscure dept. store chain founded in Chicago. I really wonder who made the jackets. Their catalog was considerably smaller than say, Sears or Monty Wards. Every bit as diverse though. I remember as a kid, when the catalogs would come out, my dad always wanted the Sears and my mom wanted the Spiegel. It was considered a "nicer" store.
View attachment 485579
View attachment 485578
Edit: It literally just occurred to me that Sears, Monty Ward and Spiegel were all Chicago based and founded. The jackets must've shared the same provenance.
IDK, but the Spiegel catalogs in the 80's - 90's were massive catalogs. Mostly geared towards women's apparel. I know, because I worked on them for a few years when I lived in NYC..

IDK, but the Spiegel catalogs in the 80's - 90's were massive catalogs. Mostly geared towards women's apparel. I know, because I worked on them for a few years when I lived in NYC..
Yeah exactly, But (at least I don't recall) them having the same volume of other stuff like appliances, tools, (at one point you could actually buy a pre-fab home from the Sears catalog)...but yes they certainly more tilted towards women's fashions, which is why my mom wanted that one over the "boring" Sears catalog.

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Mild winter in the NE is conducive to wearing a jacket over a t-shirt, the way it should be...:). 1950s Spiegel. If someone offered me a Buco for this jacket, there would be no deal. Just sayin. ;). I will post some research on 1950s catalog HH jackets in the Threads of the Past thread.

View attachment 485571
Great shot. Only been to NYC once over 30 years ago, would love to go back.

Motocann

One Too Many
Pure Blue Japan trucker I picked up some years back at River & Hide -on a stunningly gorgeous spring like day in NoCal.
505E7AB6-2835-43F1-B608-AAB95EAA80F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Motocann

One Too Many
Really cool material. Would love a Halfbelt in that.
Yeah, this Shashiko material is unusual. I sort of bought it on a lark. Not really sure why, but I keep buying Trucker jackets in different materials. My wife thinks I’m nuts, I guess I’m a collector. They certainly are fun to wear. Especially, unusual jackets like this. I’m surprised PBJ doesn’t make them anymore. And, yes… a half belt or a mechanic’s style jacket would be cool in this fabric.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Unfortunately down here in NZ it’s an issue, but more to do with certain gang ‘colours’. No shortage of halfwits down here sadly.

Oh, I do get the gang thing. I was just curious about @Monitor s comment about the (in) appropriateness of the „BRMC“ lettering. As, I said, I believe it must be seen as a reference to the movie by those „in the know“ and mean nothing to the rest. I might be missing something here…

Oh, I do get the gang thing. I was just curious about @Monitor s comment about the (in) appropriateness of the „BRMC“ lettering. As, I said, I believe it must be seen as a reference to the movie by those „in the know“ and mean nothing to the rest. I might be missing something here…

There is a third option, someone in that world sees MC and thinks some pop-up or new MC is rolling around. In areas managed by a dominant and council, permission should be granted. Once they find out it’s just some SOA type shit, they likely will let it go. Probably. Maybe. Best not find out imo. Why do it? You can go out a 1000 times with MC or rockers on your back and be ok, but that one time could be life altering haha.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Do you find it comfortable to wear the leather jacket without a collared shirt? It would really bug me to have it rubbing at my neck and getting sweaty/oily.
A leather jacket with a (for example) t-shirt has been and always will be a classic combo. On warmer days it is a good idea to wipe down the leather collar to prevent salt from accumulating and damaging the leather.

Mr.Leong

Familiar Face
I

I would’ve liked to see that guy’s reaction if you would’ve jumped on the treadmill next to him wearing a leather jacket! :))
Lol my guess is he would glance at me and kept on running his treadmill. I’m a regular in that gym.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Pure Blue Japan trucker I picked up some years back at River & Hide -on a stunningly gorgeous spring like day in NoCal. View attachment 485639
Great jacket, i was tempted to get it before i found local version 1/3 of the price also around the same time, apparently PBJ knows their dyeing better, as mine is bleeding dye with every wash
Screenshot_20230201_115303_Gallery.jpg
this is also around 3-4yrs old, just being washed 2 days ago for the 5th time.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
There is a third option, someone in that world sees MC and thinks some pop-up or new MC is rolling around. In areas managed by a dominant and council, permission should be granted. Once they find out it’s just some SOA type shit, they likely will let it go. Probably. Maybe. Best not find out imo. Why do it? You can go out a 1000 times with MC or rockers on your back and be ok, but that one time could be life altering haha.
What if you painted storm trooper helmet on the back and a cross blasters will 1%ers people got triggered by it too?:oops:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Do you find it comfortable to wear the leather jacket without a collared shirt? It would really bug me to have it rubbing at my neck and getting sweaty/oily.
Not sn issue at all. The deerskin is super soft and I don't even notice it. I probably should wipe it down more often though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB