Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Oh, I do get the gang thing. I was just curious about @Monitor s comment about the (in) appropriateness of the „BRMC“ lettering. As, I said, I believe it must be seen as a reference to the movie by those „in the know“ and mean nothing to the rest. I might be missing something here…

Oh, sorry, forgot to reply yesterday. It's just that I've read an interesting article on the subject and it just made sense to me why it maybe kind of aged... Not well. On the other hand, there's a Black Rebel Motorcycle Club band so I guess it's okay.

RazZ

New in Town
Thanks for the add guys!

Here's me wearing my vintage Avirex G-1 "Rafale" from the early 90s. I bought the jacket brand new in 1997, here in Istanbul / Turkey. Hope I'll be able to wear it for another 25 years :)
bb g-1 avrx.JPG

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
New to me trucker.
Straight from the classifieds and made in India from buffalo leather.
View attachment 485723
Nice jacket, good fit. The angle of the shot is a bit unflattering, a pic with camera positioned a bit higher and further out would showcase the jacket and the fit better. Oh, and flash in bad lighting helps with detail of the buffalo hide, too. Did I complain enough? ;)

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
Did I complain enough? ;)
You are correct in every respect. Crappy shot with my mobile.
The angled picture is flattering in this case though, as the fit of this jacket is very boxy. The length of the body and the sleeves are good, but the rest is off. I would fit in there 1.5 times (just a tiny bit of hyperbole). Probably the 90ies patterns is to blame.

Edit: Still a flattering shot

Attachments

• IMG_20230201_142840_edit_168169693132150.jpg
    IMG_20230201_142840_edit_168169693132150.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77

TLW '90

Practically Family
my beloved JWM cruiser.
20230202_102827.jpg

My favorite part about it besides the color, is the tall thick collar I can unfold in the back to keep my neck and ears warm when it's cold.

Johnson woolen mills doesn't do the best wool ever but it's not terrible.
It has a lot of pilling, but I've seen worse and they sure are more affordable than the Filson stuff that has really become overpriced.

I may have to give Bemidgi a try one of these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB