Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

sshack

A-List Customer
Rocking the "Black Bear" fur-lined Langlitz this morning. Just arrived last night. I'm blown away by the condition. I did some research on the name in the pocket, and it was made for a Harvard Botanist named Herman Roydon Sweet from Medford Mass. He had this made in 1963. First Langlitz I've seen with Conmar zips.

View attachment 513894 View attachment 513895 View attachment 513897
Lol, so cool. This is like the origin story for a new comic book super hero-- tonight you'll discover a hidden pocket, then some gamma ray pollen, next thing you know your ear hairs are growing like vines...

Last edited:

JackBroChill

New in Town
i think the sleeve length is fine. shoulder nice fit too. If anything, it might be a bit short? If you lose the lbs you mentioned, the length might work itself out
Thanks! I think the shirt I’m wearing is strangely long (or rather, it’s a cheap shirt that’s falling apart and is longer than it should be right now) which makes it look shorter than it is.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! I think the shirt I’m wearing is strangely long (or rather, it’s a cheap shirt that’s falling apart and is longer than it should be right now) which makes it look shorter than it is.

It’s a fine looking jacket. No problem at all with the length imo, but that is subjective of course.
BUT
Make the bed next time!

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Lol, so cool. This is like the origin story for a new comic book super hero-- tonight you'll discover a hidden pocket, then some gamma ray pollen, next thing you know your ear hairs are growing like vines...
Yikes. I turned 40 last year and my ear hairs are already growing like vines lol.....

Viking752

Practically Family
Vanson Model J in the historic Competition Weight of yesteryear. The photo does not do justice to just how dark of a black this hide is.

IMG_2848.jpeg

Sagar85

A-List Customer
IMHO this shade of brown works best on this style of Single Riders jacket. Looks like a million bucks. Did you have to size up for this TFH jacket?
Thank you, man! I took my usual size 42 on this, and it’s a perfect fit. I bought brown because I fell in love with the pattern when I bought the black one. It’s a perfect length to my preference, and also very versatile I think. You can wear it on anything or to anywhere without thinking too much.

To be transparent, this brown leather is great overall, but it’s not unique or special. It’s stiff and similar to RMC brown. FH black leather on the other hand is pure pleasure to wear. I have said this before and will say it again, FH black leather is probably my favorite leather in terms of how it wears and shows/ looks. Overall quality may not be on par with FW or rainbow, but it wears so well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff