Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jeo

One Too Many
the Jeo jacket is Beck 444. My TM is a cross breed of 333 and 444 or 444 sans laces. Thurs stocked Himel and TM 333s both times no hand warmer pockets. My jacket must’ve been an illegitimate child… seal brown too not black…

We need a 30s / 40s Beck Schott thread…

View attachment 549726
Nice find! Don't know how I missed this post, not only do I follow that guy, but I've had many conversations with him. He has a crazy collection! He was the one who provided most of the jackets for the "D Pocket Exhibition" they held last year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CimGdTpBAY0/?img_index=4

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Slummin' in suede before summer returns with a vengeance:
20231002_080359.jpg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Indigenous people's summer is set to hit here this week with temps in the upper 80's....comes crashing down next weekend thankfully. I feel like el nino is going to keep it warm here this winter.

Yeah, we had 86F yesterday and it's forecasted for the next couple days, then crashes Thursday. The high Friday will be colder than last night's temperature and the low could be in the 30s. I can already hear my wife telling me to turn on the furnace Saturday morning. Maybe I can slip on my wool and leather Aero and slip out the door for a grocery run instead.

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
Personally, I don't believe this Jacket is a "333" model, but rather an early "999". This neck label was used until the 1950s and (as far as I know) side laces were not in use (common) in the 1930s/1940s, this is a typical 1950 feature. But as often in the past, little to nothing was wasted, so it is quite possible that the lining of a 333 was used on this 999. Also, as far as I know, the 333 models didn't have hand warmer pockets. As for the theory that the Beck's were produced by LT, I believe this is a myth. I can't imagine that a major supplier to the motorcycle market at the time turned to a niche producer like LT, which, as we know, only produced in small series and often custom orders (far too expensive for a reseller). As is well known, Schott entered into a collab with Beck's in the early 1930s and that is why I believe that the 333 models were all produced by Schott for Beck's with their own label.

Some pictures from Book 100 Years Schott:

View attachment 549636 View attachment 549637 View attachment 549639 View attachment 549640 View attachment 549641 View attachment 549642
As well as enjoying some healthy debate, I'm sitting back with a coffee just admiring how beautiful these jackets are.

Joseph Hill

New in Town
View attachment 549114

New Thedi jacket just picked up from the man himself. You will be seeing a lot more of this one!
This jacket really takes advantage of that Greek sunshine. Those Luftwaffe jackets seem to be ubiquitously some sort of seal brown.
I'm kind of surprised that Theo is doing that inside out double cuff. You usually see that when someone wants to show off the roping on the hem of their too long jeans, but are unable to get them properly shortened. Of all the people you'd think could easily sort that out.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
This jacket really takes advantage of that Greek sunshine. Those Luftwaffe jackets seem to be ubiquitously some sort of seal brown.
I'm kind of surprised that Theo is doing that inside out double cuff. You usually see that when someone wants to show off the roping on the hem of their too long jeans, but are unable to get them properly shortened. Of all the people you'd think could easily sort that out.

IMG_2104.jpeg

It really does shine in the sun. But also looks pretty good in overcast and rain.

I suppose Theodoros just likes his cuff done that way?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 549972

It really does shine in the sun. But also looks pretty good in overcast and rain.

I suppose Theodoros just likes his cuff done that way?

WHAT! A! JACKET!

This one is so “you” it must be endgame for you.

On a separate note: with that ultra-neat haircut and the dashing mo you look like the young Paul Newman. Not a bad thing at all, in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy